Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Still Life - Slave To Words

DarkLimit

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's funny I had to remove the nazi sign from my scene cuz on other sites people were offended 

One person's sign of horror (swastika is still illegal to print in Germany, I believe) is someone else's good luck symbol (Native American (reversed) and Oriental).... :huh: Go fig.

Personally, I thought it worked well with the piece, but I can understand about not wanting to cause too many waves too.

thanks Far Star - "The Swastika" is the oldest cross and emblem in the world. It forms a combination of four "L's" standing for Luck, Light, Love and Life.

the swastika was held as a good luck token before use by the Nazis corrupted its meaning.

This symbol has a deep meaning which is why I had it in my scene... But it causes mixed emotions so I removed it.

post-8-1069139552.jpg

Dark Limit,

I see you also have removed another symbol that was in kanji. What did that say or mean? Was this considered to be offensive also? I feel your art piece is powerful and evocative and should go back to the way it was originally. I hate to see true art being forced to conform to ignorance and fear.

all the symbols have a meaning to them when they are all together, when I removed the swastika it destroyed the scene so I had to re-arrange the scene differently.. But I will keep the original to myself and post the more pleasent version online...