Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jesus Freak

Halo : Blood Gulch Model :)

I have been unsussesfull at extracting the models from the Halo PC game and decided it would take to long trying to find out what I was doing wrong, so I started making them myself.

I am new to AM and have just started modeling.

Here is my Blood Gulch Base

I don't know how to atach GOOD texture only chezy fake looking stuff that looks horible.

If someone could map it for me that would be cool, or tell me how to make it look good I would like it.

And while your at it tell me what you think of my first real model.:lol:

Thanks

PS: I have 3 goups in the model (Base=floor : Bottom=1st floor : Top=2ed floor)

also tell me what I need to work on. That helps to! :D

BloodGulch_Base.mdl

could you put up the material you used so i can see what you have so far

jay

I have been unsessusfull at extracting the models from the Halo PC game and decided it would take to long trying to find out what I was doing wrong, so I started making them myself.

ya, extracting the models from Halo is a pain, but it is doable. I know how to extract characters and some props, but I haven't figured out how to get levels yet.

heres my try at mapping it

very nice modeling on it too

almost perfect as far as i can see

halo.zip

When I tryed to texure it All I did was put a rock looking material on it, nothing fancy.

Every time I render it with any mat the inside and out side blends together (cant see openings. ) <_<

Here is a pic rendered with my mat. Lame.

post-7-1122474608.jpg

Here is a pic of someone elses 3D model of it (not mine ands not .mdl file) <_<

Why can't mine look like that? :angry: LOL

post-7-1122474768.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo not the poly vs splin converstsaoint thigny!!!!! :angry:

IT can be done, you just need to learn how.

Ben

hi jesus freak.....i may help u if u wish to do some urgent 3d models as long as i can...only if it's ok to explain to me what's that model u wanted to extract and why do u want them?

i'm ready always to help....u may ask as much as u want...and i will do my best to help u.....happy modeling

Jin Kazama

your problem is lighting, look for a tutorial on lighting, a good skylight setup will make Your model look like the one in the picture.

regards - Nixie

dear,

of course i would help....just give me images of what u want to model...let's start with that one above...clear one...i will model some of it and will show u step by step how i made it by sequance of captured images...and comments on them....not to worry..as u are new to A:M, it would seems hard to go one with modeling...but after knowing how to achive your goals and what method to use in modeling...u wil become a pro....

jin

Have you tried just extracting the texture bitmap from the Blood Gulch map file? You'll need a paint program that can read & write DDS format files, but a free Photoshop DDS plugin exists.

You can extract the texture with the HaloMapTools program, available on halomods.com (or is it .org? I forget...)

I'll have to look and see if the base itself is a separate object or if it's part of the BG terrain. Might be able to yank that out as an .OBJ file, then convert to 3DS (to correctly assign UV maps) then import the 3DS file into A:M.

Come to think of it, I have the Ice Fields map as a 3DS file...I might have Blood Gulch lying around somewhere too...

The only problem is that they aren't textured.

I'll see if I can't find it again. I got it off of either yayap.com or halomods.com, I've forgotten which. Maybe halomaps.com.