Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I am trying to get all the Halo charactors, weapons, and the blood gulch level for AM. Right now I have the Master Chief MDL from Halo and Halo 2, I can't find out how to extract the models from the PC halo. I do have a lot of .max file which are halo 3D model for a diffrent program (I think 3D max studio) but am unable to import them even as a prop. Dose anyone have charactors and/or weapons already made in AM or know How I can extract them from the PC halo or even tell me if I can open .max files into AM.

Thanks

JF

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I may be a newbie here, but as I use multiple applications all the time, I found that .3ds is the best bet for import and export. I have had no problem with .3ds files going back and forth from one program to another. Most 3D applications are capable of excepting or converting to .3ds (including AM), Below you will find the basic save, conversion, import, and export capabilities of AM.

Even though .max & .3ds are from the same application (3D Studio Max) they are from different versions and are slightly different in import / export. You will need to find a way to convert from .max to .3ds befor it will import into AM.....Unless there is a 3d file conversion program somewhere out there, (hopefully try the links provided by sonic84 to find one) or you may be S.O.L. I haven't found one yet, but who knows.

Good luck, I hope this helps....:)

SAVE: .mdl and .prg

IMPORT: .mdl .lit .seg .dxf .3ds .av2 and .ply

CONVERTS & EXPORT: .3ds .ply .av2

MAJOR EDIT HERE!!!!! I found a Halo Master Chief .3ds model at www.turbosquid.com provided by nickobelenus, for $2.00... But you may need to texture and rig it yourself from what I see in it's description. They have a selection of charactures and ships from Halo, mostly free, but all are in .max format, which will not do you any good...Just that one model.