Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

hey look its my avatar!

hey all,

well this is my first attempt at making a character, so i decided to do my avatar. its kind of hard when you only have one picture to work from but at least its a side shot and not an angle.

i have had tons and tons and tons of help from scott on this guy, so major thx goes to him.

just tell me what you guys think of the progress so far.

thx

Jay

bunny0.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks like a bunny with an edge. It also reminds me of a rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. I like it because it has an original look to it and has interesting possibilities for texturing and animation. All in all, a nice avatar and yet another reason to say thanks to Scott.

Thanks Scott. :D

Guest jandals

I like the way you did the ears. It gives him a sleek feel. It looks like you've modeled his mouth with a built-in sneer...

Where'd you get the one drawing you have?

thx all :D

the rabbit drawing i drew about 2 years ago. it was just from a bunch of freehand drawings i use to do.

heres a fullsize picture

im not sure how im going to texture him still trying to learn mapping and stuff like that.

but it all im pleased at how good hes coming for a first chracter.

thx again for your repiles and looking forward for more :)

jay

That looks pretty good . . . way better than my first character . . .

If you need any other help, texturing or modeling, i'd be glad to help (not rigging . . . i'm bad a tthat) . I know i wish i had help when i was trying my first character.

one thing i might suggest, is that making his biceps skinier, and to give it a look of strength and speed, make is foramrs nice and big (slighly larger circumerance then the shoulder).

It is an old drawing trick.

Nice job

Ben

well this is about as close as im going to get right now to smooth

i know theres still tons of creases im working on but i just wanted to get him modeled and in one peice. ill tweak him later. but man this some of this stuff is like warping my brain. it feels like jello right now. and again super tanks to scott for showing me this still.

if it wasnt for him ill still be working on the eye socket.

and ben ill be asking for that in the future, you can be sure of that lol, i know rigging pretty well just cant figure out the trasnlate stuff but the constrants i know

and yes i made the biceps skinnier, they were too big.

ok well back to work for me

jay

bunnyhalf0.jpg