Hash, Inc. Forums

"Mood Shot": hi-res version

Hey everyone. The Animation Contest guidelines specify that entries have to be 320x240 pixels, but, judging from the other entries, to quote Pirates of the Carribean, those are apparently more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. I'll know better next time.

In any case, because of how dark and high-contrast my 'Mood Shot' entry was, I thought I'd provide a link to a higher-res version, for anyone who might be interested.

shots_1-4.jpg

Mood Shot - 480x270, 3MB.

It could have been creepier, but I sure did love it.

Maybe something a little longer in showing hte background character.

Do you happen to have any wireframes of the characters?

I would love to see the characters by themselves.

Thanks

Shawn :D

It could have been creepier, but I sure did love it.

Thanks. I was planning something way creepier, but as always, I ran out of time. Maybe for the Halloween contest that Hash usually runs in October...

Maybe something a little longer in showing hte background character.

Ah. You'll want to be following this thread, then.

Do you happen to have any wireframes of the characters?

I would love to see the characters by themselves.

Et voila:

Ebonboth.jpg

Monkstand.jpg

Guest jandals

I've really liked following this scene as you develop it. I love the anxious tension you've ingrained into the look of it.

Always eager for the next shot...

Rhett

• 4 weeks later...
those are apparently more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Ya, I've noticed that myself. There are some pictures that are submitted to the Image Contest with peoples names on them, when it clearly says in bold text (No credit or copyright of any kind on the image, please! I will add them AFTER voting is done!) right on the contest page. I even saw a few vids with peoples names and/or websites on them. Also, some of the vids didn't even follow the theme of the contest.

• 4 months later...
  • Admin

Mike,

Thanks for the link to this... I had missed it back when it was first posted.

Beautiful economy of splines... great characters too.

Vampires are one of my least favorite subject matters as they have been done to death and mostly done badly (IMO). Yours is a refreshing look at the subject with great style and design contributing to the story. You've definitely found a great (and I'd say unique) style for it.

Great stuff!

Rodney

Yours is a refreshing look at the subject with great style and design contributing to the story. You've definitely found a great (and I'd say unique) style for it.

Thanks, Rodney. I'll do my best to live up to your expectations.

Have you ever considered rendering this in stereo? Given the depth of the room, I reckon it would work really well, especially with that shaft of light.

Hmm. Do you mean the whole animation, or just a still?

Have you ever considered rendering this in stereo? Given the depth of the room, I reckon it would work really well, especially with that shaft of light.
Hmm. Do you mean the whole animation, or just a still?
The whole animation. Of course, rendering just one frame should show whether or not it's worth rerendering the entire animation.

I rerendered my Mood Shot in stereo (2Mb QT) and was pleased with the results. Compression artefacts do detract from the 3D effect, though. If you decide to give it a go, I suggest you leave it until such times as you you don't need your computer - it'll almost take twice as long to render as the original.

Edit: I forgot to add - the 3D stereo effect isn't so good for low resolutions, but 480x270 should be good enough.

Do you know anywhere I can get the special glasses?
Offhand, no, but I'm sure the question has been asked (with answers) some time in the last couple of years. Just a moment ... [<SFX: Frantic typing as Stuart does a quick search>] ... this thread might help. I'm still using the ones that came in the box with A:M V8.0.

• 7 months later...

Do you know anywhere I can get the special glasses?
Offhand, no, but I'm sure the question has been asked (with answers) some time in the last couple of years. Just a moment ... [<SFX: Frantic typing as Stuart does a quick search>] ... this thread might help. I'm still using the ones that came in the box with A:M V8.0.

Sweet. Nice work.