Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Subaru WRC

nerrazzi

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've taken the liberty of snapping a few shots of my progress while building this sucker, have a look-see.

1. In the first panel, I like to start with the hood when building my vehicles.

2. The second panel shows how I drew a spline around the edge of the hood vent so that I can have a templet to work from.

3. The third panel shows how I extruded that spline right through the hood. I do this because since A:M doesn't have a "fillet" tool this technique serves as a substitute to guide me through the cutting process. More later...

post-7-1068330091.jpg

After I extrude, I click on each spline and add a cp. Next, I move that cp so that it's just even with the hood's geometry. When I'm finished adding cp's, I then draw a spline around the newly created cp's and delete the top and bottom splines. From there I can incorprate that spline into the hood's geometry. After you patch all the holes just copy/flip/attach.

post-7-1068330859.jpg

Hey you guys are welcome! I hoped that it would do someone some good. Anyway, I textured the wheels (I know my texturing isn't the best ) and started the vents on the hood. I'm going to wrap this car up in the next few days or so and post it on my website for download if anyone's interested. I'll also send it to Hash's free models site. It won't have the interior or engine included because quite frankly I don't have the time to do it.

post-7-1068695137.jpg

Hi nerrazzi. Im' very impressed by your car models and really liked seeing the WIP shots of the Subaru. If you ever had the inclination to put a tutorial together, I would love to see it. I have a lot of trouble keeping the surface smoothe.

As for the Lamborghini rotos, if you could find a model kit , the instructions might have the ortho images you need. You could also make the model, then scan it. Also, some of the images on the sites listed above are very close to what you need, could you not alter them in PhotoShop to get them close enough?

Keep up the great work.