Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

design wristwatch

Hey fellows. I have just finished my latest work. Last week I got the idea of an wristwatch in my head an I then tried to capture it with A:M. I wanted to make a wristwatch with an touch of retro yet elegant design.

The model contains 11848 patches, but the reason for that is because all the numbers and text is modelled (except for the display)

The render took 13hr (9 multipass)

klokke.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WooHooo!

Fantastic. Where can I order one?

-----------------

Finally someone as obsessive as me about modeling the details!

p.s. In my case though... I would model that kind of detail on a watch that was in a drawer of a desk... in the other room. ;)

Vernon "!' Zehr

sweet! . . . i'd like to see if fall and hit the ground, like somone carealessly dropped it. The links should be interesting to animate . . .

Very cool, you are very good at doing mech things ( the watch, your boat, etc.)

Ben

Guest jandals

Nice style and great Modelling! It's complex but clean. Wonderful Detail! Although the word "Bluetooth" is much clearer in the wireframe.

Great Model! Do you plan to rig and Animate it?

Wow, thanks guys. Your kind words made me blush :D

Would love to see this rendered with Radiosity!
Maybe I should try that, but there is just one problem, I dont know a squat about radiosity :P

i'd like to see if fall and hit the ground, like somone carealessly dropped it. The links should be interesting to animate
Yeah, good idea, I might try that out, but this project do have a very high rendertime (20min for an image with 200x200 res, multipass off) :(

• 1 month later...

YES! I've been waiting for you to throw this guy into Radiosity!

To be honest, I don't think the wood fits for the watch...I was thinking about one of these textures...(I like the bottom one a lot)

el-mtl-1.jpg

I think the image should be cool overall, and some nice blurred reflections from the floor would be sweet!

Awesome work!

- pjc

Thanks

To be honest, I don't think the wood fits for the watch

- pjc

I totally agree with you, but I just throw into the toycar radiosity room, to test it. What I do want to test it on is some kind of an slate/rock texture, but I didn't find any. btw what are those textures? some kind of industrial floor?

Hmm...

I don't think there is something specifically wrong with wood as a base for the watch... but... what bothered me was that the texture map was at a low resolution and a bit over saturated.

I love the contrast of wood and metals. Maybe a darker wood, or something with a tighter grain. Definitely a higher resolution decal image.

Vernon "!" Zehr

I love the model and the render but the pose of the watch would be improved if you could introduce another element to prop it up slightly so that it displays it's face more to the viewer. Perhaps if you use the slate idea you could prop the watch against another sheet of slate.

Great work, as usual, Stian! :)

btw what are those textures? some kind of industrial floor?

Yeah, gratings for industrial flooring. The ones with holes in them would be very interesting because it would give the floor some depth...

What about a separate pass composited in Photoshop of a Radiosity render with caustics turned on? :D

I'm not asking for much! :P

Still a great piece.

- pjc