Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id have to say everything looks very well done. the dimple does seem like it needs to be closer to the mouth.

all the batman artist ive ever seen, they all have a different style to the ears. so change it if you feel like it. but i for one dont see anything wrong with it,

Thanks for the replies so far. I haven't had a chance to change the dimple yet, but I will.

I started working on the body. I still have A LOT of tweaking to do before I'll be happy with it. I'm thinking of widening up the waist a bit too.

Wow..this is a very interesting style...after you're done rigging I'd like to use it to practice animating! I think this one could be on the CD..If you were me I'd request to donate it

I want to know... how the heck he gets that chin through the neck of his suit...

...maybe that is the true origins of Robin! Bruce Wayne gets his chin stuck in the neck of his rubber suit and Robin has to help him... it may involve using butter or soap at some point...

He reminds me a tiny bit of "The Tick" with that chin. I like it.

;)

Vernon "SPOOOON!" Zehr

pssssst, Vern!? :unsure:

Bruce Wayne invented the Zipper! Where do you think he got all his money?

Butter indeed :o that's a scary thought... And Batman is s'posed to be getting away from "camp" in the current version. :rolleyes:

But your ahem thoughts... gave me a chuckle!

As for your Batman, Starving... I dunno if you need to fix the arms or not... after all, those eyes... :blink:

:lol::lol:

your chest is taking over the area where your shoulder should be. now unless you are going fro an armor effect. you still need to add more roundness to your shoulder. there are 4 target areas to the shoulder. the top. the front, the back, an the side.

the arms are both to short. if you look at yourself in the mirror you will notice that your elbows rest around the area of your belly button on a relax pose. your chars elbows are just below his pecks.

the biceps are to round. on a relax pose your biceps are almost an oval shape.

hope that gives you an idea on how to fix the arms, maybe if i can get a break i will sketch out what im talking about..

Ninjai - Thanks for the tips for the arms. With the shoulders, I was shooting for an armor look. I thought the chest armor would overlap the shoulders. It looked strange when I had a big bump for the shoulder. I made the biceps/upper arms short and round on purpose for the cartoony effect. Maybe it's not working as well as I had hoped.

Anyway, here's another update. I added some hands and the belt.

post-7-1121210205.jpg

it is coming together very nicely. i love the small waist line, an huge upper body. reminds me of an Arnold Schwarzenegger figure back from his prime. especially when he did the vacuum pose. i love what you did with the belt. it actually looks like its seperate from the outfit. something alot of other batman artists fail to do.

i cant wait to see what the finished product is going to look like. cause right now, its kickin ARSE!

Started on the legs.  Still tweaking/detail work to do.

The proportions are way out of balance on the legs...the shorter they are the fatter they should be...I understand you're going for the extremely cartoony look, but the legs just don't capture that..they just look like small legs. Widen them a whole bunch to make them fit the rest of the body (Just widen the quads and calves). Also, the crotch is too wide...widening the legs may help with that a bit

It looks really great :) There is only 1 thing bothering me - he looks like he is wearing some kind of stiff shoulderpads on his chest. You have all these wonderfully fluid curves in his face, arms, abs and legs - then these two big flat planes in his chest. Possibly that is exactly the look you want :) Anyway, it seems a bit out of place to me. I can still see the 'big' look of the chest, but would love to see some more curvature and softening of the hard edgyness of it all.

In any event, very cool, very unique take on BM - good job.