Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

NEW COMMERCIAL

mike meyer

I think the edge lighting may be from what they call (in step 2) the poissant domes with kliegs and z-buffered shadows... do you guys know where i can learn about this 'Poissant dome with kliegs and Z-buffered shadows'... or is this really similar to 'artbox'... (thanks for the link above...nixster)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found a copy of JSLSkylight 16 on my harddrive, I must have downloaded it a long time ago, I'll try that out... I like to stay away from things that require 16 pass multipass because of the excessive render times...when you get into rendering long scenes...gah!

Now for the next (step 2) it says 'every group needs to be white'...any easy way to go about this? I'm thinking the easiest way will be to save a copy of my model as modelWHITE.mdl and in it I'll delete all groups/decals and make 1 white group and then replace the original model in the chor with the WHITE one...

Aha! thank ye very much! I will have to experiment! One more question though - Can such a material be applied to an object which already has colour maps ?

Any response is greatly appriciated, Thanks for sharing your techniques.

Nixie

Now for the next (step 2) it says 'every group needs to be white'...any easy way to go about this? I'm thinking the easiest way will be to save a copy of my model as modelWHITE.mdl and in it I'll delete all groups/decals and make 1 white group and then replace the original model in the chor with the WHITE one...

I wonder if using an all white image as a camera rotoscope in the chor. & making each model a front projection target might be quicker, easier? Then one doesn't have to create any variations on the models. All done in the choreography. Not sure if this gives the same results.

However, I don't believe hair will get "front projected", do not know about other materials, as I only use decals & patch images & hair.

• 1 year later...

Wow---this IS an old thread!

I think the Soulcage guys render out to tga's and composite in AfterEffects or similar compositor, I could be wrong though.

Have you looked in to using Marcel Bricman's (Zpider) 'Null Shader'??? It helps BIGTIME in renderring an all-white or all-black pass. You can learn more in the 'Material Laboratory' forum:

I think the Soulcage guys render out to tga's and composite in AfterEffects or similar compositor, I could be wrong though.

John, you are right. We render out different passes (format .tga), then we use After Effects for all the compositing work.

best,

michael

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...