Hash, Inc. Forums

WIP: GAIL Female Android [SLIGHT NUDITY]

Got the family reunion next weekend...

Loads and loads of conservative mennonites...

...my dream would be to take someone who looks like this to one of those gatherings...

They would be talking about it for years...

---------------------

Nice job Patrick. Like the hair. Would she look that "happy"? In this get up?

...oh wait... android... programed for "happiness"... nevermind. ;)

Vernon "!" Zehr

The base model is based off of "Lambrina" which is on the A:M CD which was modeled by den beauvais . He did a great job.

I can definately show you guys what and how I tweaked her so that she looked more like my reference photos of the model I have, and more like "Gail".

Quick update of a render with the new hair and some Smart Skin tweaks...

GAIL NOW WITH HAIR

GAIL_HipsPose.jpg

- pjc

I agree with the shoulders. That whole area seemss a little too small to support such....structures. ;)

Also, the mohawk looks abit to perfect at the edges. But that maybe because I know how they're done.

And it's very hard to make out her irises.

Coming along great and I still can't get over her skin.

I can definately show you guys what and how I tweaked her so that she looked more like my reference photos of the model I have, and more like "Gail".

I'd be interested in learning this. I may have to resort to that for my own project and would love to know how to tweak an existing modeling to more of what I need. My modeling skills are pretty sub-par, but I think I can handle tweaking.

I agree with the shoulders. That whole area seemss a little too small to support such....structures. ;)

Also, the mohawk looks abit to perfect at the edges. But that maybe because I know how they're done.

And it's very hard to make out her irises.

Coming along great and I still can't get over her skin.

luckbat, KenH:

The Shoulders

Good eyes on the shoulders, I'll have to see what the SmartSkin is doing there, especially the left (hers) one. I guess I was drawn...elsewhere :D

Is there any way to see what angles have keyframes in them on a SmartSkin any more?

Mohawk Edges

Hey KenH, which edge(s) on the mohawk are you talking about? Any help you have in that area is much appreciated!

Gail's Irises

She's actually supposed to have all white eyes (no iris or pupil) but I just couldn't do that, it was too creepy. I kind of like the little bit of creepiness in them, but I agree, they are hard to make out. I think I might see how they look when it's rendered for print, maybe the resolution will bring them out some more.

I think the good old chaps at Event Horizon are gonna get two images. This just started out as a quick test pose, but there is something about this pose. It's great when a 5 minute set-up pose just clicks. ;)

Next up, she's supposed to have more hair in the back from the mohawk, so I'll see how I'll tackle that. Probably more geometry.

Updates as soon as I can...I just got The Bloody Crown of Conan by Robert E. Howard and am waiting to dive into it...oh what a dilema!!! :D

Thanks for all the input everyone!

- pjc

• 3 weeks later...

haven't had much time this last couple of weeks (sad family time) but here's what I added last night, some "buildings" in the background. I really just wanted some geometric shapes to break up the background.

Gail_Hip_PosewithBuildings0darker.jpg

Thinking of adding cables (BNC) as dreds of some sort hanging around her shoulders...will update soon!

- pjc

I had a GF with a mohawk, but while I was dating her, she kept commenting that she still waiting for the right guy to sweep her off her feet. So I had this overwhelming urge to sweep the floor with her head!

Anyway remember "Total Recall" where Arnie's Female head unscrewed from the ears? I think Ears would be a good place to hide a jack plug.

Beautiful work Patrick. Bladerunner in hot pink :D .

Been out of commission for a while and only just looked at this thread. Sensational.

And good tip about the page up/down Phil...I'd been using the keys in the pws too B) .

i realize she's a bot, but you might consider fading those tattoos a bit. it'd be more realistic, and they'd be less of an eye-draw.

right now, the eyes and the breasts are neck-and-neck for initial eye placement, due to the heavy black surrounding them both.

unless thats what you're going for. ' ' )

-jon

a few posts back: was that our first case of unadulterated forum spam? how exciting!

She definately owes a lot to Pris (Darryl Hannah) in Blade Runner :D

As far as the "tatoos" go, I envision them as pieces of plastic (maybe some weapons come out of them??) instead of a tatoo, but thanks for the comments, because yes, I want those two areas to be the first things you look at! ;)

I will be making a PG-13 version (covering up the nipples) after I finish this one, but thanks for the SPAM post <_<

working on the cables tonight for her head...lotsa bones to control their pose.

siggraph tomorrow so, see you there!

- pjc

• 5 months later...

Yeah, issue #2 (it's really thick!) of Event Horizon is in the stores now!

I'll dig up the final comp tonight and post it. Not a ton changed, but it's more like an ad in the book...it'll make sense when you see it.

here's the Showcase thread:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16644&hl=gail

- pjc