Hash, Inc. Forums

Pipecleaner Family for mini movie

So... now that you have pipe cleaner reference photos you will model these in Animation Master?

I kid!

Nice, very realistic. It figures, sitting around trying to come up with inspiration... you come up with this great, simple, minimalist idea...

...BUT, you need to use HAIR! ;)

So, are they as hard to straighten out as the real thing? That use to bug me in elementary school art class. My pipe cleaners always got knotted and never straightened out... then they lost their fuz.... just like me! ;)

Vernon "!" Zehr

Nice, very realistic. It figures, sitting around trying to come up with inspiration... you come up with this great, simple, minimalist idea...

...BUT, you need to use HAIR!  ;)

So, are they as hard to straighten out as the real thing? That use to bug me in elementary school art class. My pipe cleaners always got knotted and never straightened out... then they lost their fuz.... just like me!  ;)

Thanks all.

I've spent the last week or so modelling and rigging these in my spare time. The "people" are rigged with the 2001 rig and I used Mark's quadruped rig for the dog. Check my new avatar to see some of them in motion. :)

They all use hair, but, so far, they don't take too terribly long to render. B)

I'm using A:M 11.1h, haven't upgraded to 12 yet.

I haven't tried to straighten them out, but I'm sure it would be just about as tough as the real thing. :D

Richard Creel

Richard,

Id been thinking of simple line drawings for a model and or a tooth pick one etc but your idea tops mall !!! flexable and textured...absolutly fabulous, hope you dont mind if I try out your idea on my own sometime?

Michael

Id been thinking of simple line drawings for a model and or a tooth pick one etc but your idea tops mall !!! flexable and textured...absolutly fabulous, hope you dont mind if I try out your idea on my own sometime?

Michael,

Thanks. Go ahead and try it out. They are super simple to rig. Since it's a piece of wire with fuzz, you don't have to worry about creasing, etc.

Richard

• 1 month later...
I like the characters, the dog moves are good, not perfect, but far better than I can do....

Thanks. The dog was a simple test of the rig, never done a quadraped before.

On the animation front, I just got Jeff Lew's DVD. Hopefully my animation will get better. B)

For anyone that hasn't gotten it yet, Lew's DVD is on sale now at Jeff Lew's website. And, if it's still available, you can get an extra 10% off by checking here.

With the 10% off, I got it with shipping for less than the $39.95 sale price.

Richard

• 1 year later...