Hash, Inc. Forums

Booyakah Animation

that is cool, that modeling of Kalimar was a shot I was taking. That is the extent of my modelling skills, hence I look for various others for help who have better skills. I'm more of a directo type. I have pumped some money into this project. I really would like to have it grow into a fnished product someday

I really believe in it and will keep getting it done.

thanks for the crits.

This was my very first attempt at doing Flog in 3d. I know it is sad and you can smell the POser off of it.

What is funny is I actually modelled the head in Animation Master, exported it and pasted on a Poser body

post-7-1122525472.jpg

I finally looked at this thread. Are you Shawn Arms or Carsten Bradley?

I also see your posts over on CGTalk. I have some advice.

The project you have ahead of you is challenging. Christina "Smudge" Hanson has a similarly aggressive project. So does Gary (gazzamataz) Abrehart, and Noah Brewer. This is big stuff. You guys need to feed off of each other's energy. I don't mean work on each other's projects - I mean to mutually support and compete in getting your shots done. Critique each other's work, etc.

I'm saying this from experience. When you're working on a project by yourself, especially one where you are constantly questioning your own abilities and goals, you need a support mechanism, or you will become demoralized. The A:M community can help egg you on, but I doubt you will get much usable support. This is your baby, and your baby alone.

You have shown impressive commitment so far. Don't look back. Keep your head down. Get kudos where you can. Believe in what you're doing.

Sincerely,

Martin Hash

Martin!!!

Thanks man, I really appreciate the words of advice and encouragement.

I see Christina's work every Friday update. I love her work!!! She is way ahead of me in some areas.

Thanks again for the words of encouragment and for taking the time out of your day to speak with me.

As for the project, I am in it for the long haul. I have been working on it for several years already, bits and peices of differant series and such, but now I have focused on one story and only one story. I hope this time next year you will see the first episode, and I'll definately promote A:M in how I got it done.

I think A:M is the perfect tool. I just wish there were more tools like the SWEEPER program!! That has definately beat the crap out of modelling things in Poly's, speed wise. Emilio's sweeper is awesome.