Hash, Inc. Forums

Booyakah Animation

Upcoming project.

Currently I am working on 3 small trailer films. They will be 2 minute short stories which will allow you at the end to vote which series you would like produced.

I will be creating Webisodes of each episode and they will be made with Animation Master and various other programs.

I hope you enjoy and I hope to keep this updated with my latest characters.

post-7-1119898371.jpg

Please let me know what you think?

Critiques are welcome

I hope you enjoy the style of the film as expressed by the finished characters (created by Ashley Jackson)

I feel this style was the best to represent the story. Opinions?

Oh and if anyone would like to take a crack at modellng one of them, that would be awesome.

I pay to model, not much, Indie film pennies, but I do pay as an incentive and offer some percentage of movie sales.

Oh by the way this is an indie film that when done will be broken down into webisodes and put on DVD.

• 2 weeks later...

hey Flog, this is some awesome stuff. The character design is really good. You said you didn't have any animation, but I remember seeing a trailer a while back with Flog and a ton of other characters. What happened to that? I really liked it. The 3d guys are really nicely done as well, you must have put a lot of time into them. They remind me of Atlantis (Disney), in fact the character designs have a disney film to them with a slight hint of anime. Keep us posted

thanks alot!! I really appreciate the reply.

The animation with all the characters was really old, some stuff I had thrown together over the years.

More of a practice, but now I'm more focused and ready to rumble with these guys. The characters have been developed, I have descided on the story, and once it is done it will be serialized and ready to rumble on the web.

From the first episode which will be 30 minutes, at the end you will be able to vote which character you want to see in a future series.

I'm going to attempt what Cheesewarz did, 13 episodes. Wow great work. I know it can be done. I see it in 2d all the time. 3d should be a challenge but once you have the props it's all good to go. I'll keep you and everyone posted, and I sure hope it picks up more interest.

Thanks again for the comments!!

Just wanted to talk a little bit about production and how I will be producing the animation.

For my first real venture I will be using several anime types in order to speed up the process of making a film.

http://www.celshader.com/anime/

Those tricks have proved valuable on various films. I believe there are scenes, especially in talking, static, etc can have shortcuts made, although the longer the frame is shown the more quality you have to put into it.

I hope to produce several small series films over the years in a similiar fashion to Clone Wars. Fast and fun!!

Enjoy the article on anime.

Just wanted to share a picture of Kalimar, another series we will be working on after Flog.

Hope you like, it was modelled by Teyon Alexander, a friend of mine.

Kalimar will have his own series but he is actually a character in Flogtales as a semi-hero/semi-villian character. The anti hero, in conflict and later in coooperation with Flog as friends.

post-7-1121319584.jpg

I wanted to show some work I did in comics a while back. Instead I descided to take the route into movies where I could tell the story as a comic, but also have a higher availability for future profit.

This comic was drawn by a great artist named Carsten Bradley www.longhairproductions.com

After this comic he has since moved to Devils' Due and other ventures for game companies and such.

I wanted to share this with you as Kalimar is a character in the Flog universe and will later have his own movie.

This character Kalimar is actually a villian/anti-hero in the Flog universe. I wanted to share with you guys and would love to hear what everyone thinks.

I was also hoping if maybe there is an artist out there with a similiar style of art

Carsten has moved into the big leagues so he is out of my price range.

I was hoping to find a collaber on this project, someone with 2d skills in drawing

post-7-1121976432.jpg

Whoiii! Talk about fancy drawings! Reminds me of both mr. Sutton's work and the Conan-comic, the drawing-style that is and the quality ;). Very neat!

Btw, is the first page suppose to remind me of Elvis's song, or is it just me? :P

Btw, is the first page suppose to remind me of Elvis's song, or is it just me?

Nope you are not dreaming or anything. I meant it to sound like the song "In the Ghetto"

One of my favorite songs

I did a slight play of words and thought it was cool. Hope others agree especially the elvis fans.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll be posting what I have on a daily basis.

I am hoping to maintain the quality in my product. I hope my animation will be just as impressive as the comic was. Could always use a hand.

I wish I could join you, but I belive that neither my drawing talent, nor my animating talent is sufician to such a project, my main area of... well, being able to do decent work, is modeling, though the animation bit is getting better day-by-day ;) Drawing on the other hand... well, you probably wouldn't want me :P

Looking forward to seeing more 3D work of same exellent quality! :D

Btw, that last comic-block reminded me of Vegeta, from Dragonball... (I tend to associate a lot of comics with each other :P)

Edited by Mr. Jaqe

thanks for the posts, that is so inspiring to help me keep on knowing people are interested in my project.

I have not seen your work, I bet you are good or in the least will be great if you keep practicing, one of hte two.

My skills are not in modeling, but it putting things together. I'm more of a director/producer than anything else.

i can put stuff together pretty quickly.

Since it is the weekend coming up and I won't be online I thought I'd share

post-7-1122063543.jpg

Okay here was my attempt at modelling Kalimar

Let me know what you think.

Mr. Jage

I'd like to thank you for the encouragement. I was feeling like I had a booger or something with no one really posting on here. So thanks.

post-7-1122137848.jpg

No biggie, I have no idea why this thread isn't more active, maybe it's because the work is so good, you can't really put any critz on it? I donno, but what I DO know is that I like it ;) a LOT.

For the model: this may be the angle o' view that's causing it, but the left/right corer of his lip seems too thick and where are his hands? Oh, and I don't know what physichal shape you want your charracter to appear to be in, but you might want to add some detail to the chest- and belly-area. <----all critz and suggestions are VERY picky :P

Again I enjoy looking at another page of art, very dark, making me want to read more, you have more? Gimmie! :)