Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Check out my steam roller

Nosferatu

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey model look good,

It looks like an old 1 ton roller which are still pretty common today you see them a lot still used for paving small jobs like driveways and such.

The first thing that jumps out to me is the lack of operator controls most of these rollers had steering wheels and a lever for forward-backwards control but a few had stick controls for steering also.

I would just mount the caution light on the ROPS.

She does look like a sweet little roller just thought i would give you a couple suggestions.

Nice--I love the "detached eyebrows" look; it's something I've wanted to do for my own characters for a long time. Just curious how you were planning to animate those (if animation is your ultimate goal)?

Zach

Thats great!!! I agree that you should use whatever method you used to texture the actual roller for the rest of the vehicle. A method i've seen used in the past is to paint a map with verying colors of brown (dirt colors) and then apply it as a decal but turn the percentage down. Never tried it myself but it seemed to work. :)

Sean

PS do you plan on animating with it?

Hey model look good,

It looks like an old 1 ton roller which are still pretty common today you see them a lot still used for paving small jobs like driveways and such.

The first thing that jumps out to me is the lack of operator controls most of these rollers had steering wheels and a lever for forward-backwards control but a few had stick controls for steering also.

I would just mount the caution light on the ROPS.

She does look like a sweet little roller just thought i would give you a couple suggestions.

Thanks, Dagoos, I'm working on controls now.

Regarding the caution light, did you mean to say the "roof"? Just want to clarify.

Thanks for your comments - they're appreciated!

Brian

If you can texture up the rest of it like the roller, this will be great! Maybe use the new hair for the grass. Nice start.

Thanks, Gerry. I'm thinking of making the grass fairly plain, maybe with a Simbiont texture. I think the hair type grass would overwhelm my PC (AMD 1800 Mhz).

I'm probably going to add some rust spotson the body, too.

Brian

Nice--I love the "detached eyebrows" look; it's something I've wanted to do for my own characters for a long time. Just curious how you were planning to animate those (if animation is your ultimate goal)?

Zach

Hi ZachBG,

I'll just give them a couple of bones each and create pose sliders for them. They will bend both up for angry looks and down for happy looks, and they will probably rise and fall according to the emotion I'm going for.

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Thats great!!! I agree that you should use whatever method you used to texture the actual roller for the rest of the vehicle. A method i've seen used in the past is to paint a map with verying colors of brown (dirt colors) and then apply it as a decal but turn the percentage down. Never tried it myself but it seemed to work. :)

Sean

PS do you plan on animating with it?

Hi Sean,

Yes, I'm planning on animating this character.

I'm thinking along the lines you are for adding dirt and rust. I'll post when I've dirtied him up a little.

Thanks,

Brian