Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben, Steve thanks for the replies. And yes I plan to explain whats going on, though the more I think about how I planned my film. I may need to add some things, to make it more clear.

Here's a shot from my characters POV. I want the room he's in to be completely white. I've changed all the lights and walls to white but still some walls turn out gray. I also wanted the room to be illuminated by a single light, so if I turn it off, the room will be completely dark. Does anyone know how I could get that?

I've been working on this look around shot for a while, and I finally got it to pause instead of continous movement. But now it's too slow. If you scroll, you'll kind of see the look i'm looking for. Is there a way to speed this up, without having to redo all the keyframing.

lookaround2.mov

Well , delete all of the lights in the scene, except the one you wnt to illuminate the room. If you are using a bulb (light a bulb on the ceiling) then make it so the falloff just touches all of the walls, and set the annutention to about 70 or 80.

To get a pure white scene, will look ugly, its to harsh on the eye, with about 90 percent intensity and 70 percent annutention, you can get a pretty soft overall illumination . . . I think, another thing to experiment with, is multiple bulbs in one light.

For example, if you ever go to a school, the lights on the ceiling are rectangles, try making a rectangular light with the width:height proportion 2:3 then make 6 bones in a 2 by 3 array each equally sepertaed.

Make a new action/pose.

Make a new light

Drag the light into the action and each time, put a constraint on each light, to translate 2 one of the bones (each light must be contstrained 2 a diff bone)

Put the model in the chor, then add the action/pose, and adjust the settings in the new light, to get the affect you want. I would sugest falloff so that none of the lights touch the walls but are close, then about 12 percent intensity with 65 percent annutention . . .

Or of course i could just post the model for you . . . but i think it helps you to learn about lighting if you do it yourself and experiemnt.

Good luck, interesting shot bytheway

Ben

Ben, Steve thanks for the replies. And yes I plan to explain whats going on, though the more I think about how I planned my film. I may need to add some things, to make it more clear.

Here's a shot from my characters POV. I want the room he's in to be completely white. I've changed all the lights and walls to white but still some walls turn out gray. I also wanted the room to be illuminated by a single light, so if I turn it off, the room will be completely dark. Does anyone know how I could get that?

I've been working on this look around shot for a while, and I finally got it to pause instead of continous movement. But now it's too slow. If you scroll, you'll kind of see the look i'm looking for. Is there a way to speed this up, without having to redo all the keyframing.

I suggest adding some ease in/out to this camera movement..it looks very linear right now

• 3 weeks later...

Heres another update to my film. I know theres problems, so lay it on me. any comments would be appreciated. I wanted it to look like he's pushing off the wall. It didn't quite work as i planned. he came out rather robotic looking. As you can see, this won't be the most well animated mini film

standup.mov

oops, didn't even notice the hand was still flat. That should be an easy fix. Not sure what you mean by snap in the wrist. And by bend in the arm do you mean when hes still sitting it should be bent more or when he's half way up or what? yeah he does get up a little slow. thanks Ben

I meant there should be more bending in the arm, to show a slighltly exagerated push. Remember rules of comics apply to animation . . . a little, always exagerate when in doubt.

For the snap in the wrist i meant as hes pushing of with his arm

Ben