Hash, Inc. Forums

Yet another robot.

I thought I'd try and finish a model I started awhile ago. And would like some feedback and suggestions. I got this far on the model last night, but I'm not very happy about the fingers. Possibly cylinders for the digits. I'm probably going to replace the chrome bits with the PowerBook material I made. The beige parts of the Larry 3000 were done using a biege (obviously) version of that mat.

Anyhow, on to the image.

post-7-1118712050.jpg

Actually, he's a variant of a character from the canceled Cartoon Network show, Time Squad. I made some minor tweaks to him.

He is going to serve a dual purpose. One to finally get to use TSM1 on something. I purchased it during its beta stage and never got a chance to actually rig a character with it. Secondly, I'd like to mess around with doing some actual animating.

Anyhow, here is the rest of him, minus fixed fingers.

post-7-1118723241.jpg

Well, I think I got the fingers to an acceptable point. Not perfect, but not too bad. We'll see what happens when I get him rigged.

Oh, and Rodney, here is an image of the character. I was trying to find the turn around I was using to make the character, which would be better at showing why the mouth is the way it is, but it seems to have disappeared sometime since I last worked on the character.

post-7-1118807237.jpg

• Admin

John,

My apologies... I'm not at all familiar with Time Squad.

I retract my critique as yours is an amazingly faithful recreation of the character.

As such the mouth is just the way it should be according to the original design.

Would love to see him in action.

Are you planning to try a flat toon render?