Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Head modeling

So, since my Rick Derry topic seems dead, i´ll update here! I finally took some time last night to model the dreaded ear. Surprise, A:M´s splines are so awesome i had it done in under and hour!!!!!! here´s some wires and a skylit render. C&C would be greatly app.

post-7-1118532260.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks fine to me, nice and smooth. In my modeling experience (which isn't much), I've found that in some cases, less is more when it comes to splineage. Your model is very smooth, but IMO it might be a little spline heavy. Maybe try to keep the smoothness with less splines, but like I said, it looks fine.

Yes, a very nice model and there is nothing wrong with the splinage though you may wish to add/continue some splines on the corner of the eyes so you can animate some creasing.

Lets see some facial tests (animation wise) next :)

Cheers

Very nice. Did you really model the eyes as parrt of the head? -- be tough to animate. However the model is very good and splines have been laid to meet minimal animatable requirements (you might need more in some areas but those you do have are configured correctly). Excelent job.

BTW, I live up I-15 in PQ -- SD rules.

Rusty

Very nice work, the only additional crit I have is that I would use a couple of hooks and/or route a spline from going to the lip to going under the nose to meet it's counterpart to reduce the number of splines in the top lip by a couple...I'm thinking you could get rid of two on each side. The lower lip is perfect though.