Hash, Inc. Forums

pourche car modeling

hi again....problems i'm facing is these:

the chrome mat doesn't look ok - the tire creases is very weak while i set the bump decal here to 3000...

i wish to know is there anything missed in the car? cuz i couldn't get the enough refrence images for the car they want me to put in the add...i said it's ok to start with this one then when they want me to design anther model i will....carrera has many shapes...this is one of them...waiting for comments

post-7-1122142087.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your car is gorgeous. The one thing that stands out to me is the blue windscreen. For some reason, blue windscreen looks too cartoonish while the rest of the car looks realistic. Replace the blue with black or grey may do the trick.

As for the illusion of chrome, if you already set the chromed area to high reflectivity, then, maybe, you can place a couple of black objects (rectangles, stripes) off the camera that will reflect on the chrome surfaces and thereby giving that illusion.

The modeling looks fantastic! Some suggestions for the render:

-Again, change the blue windshield into clear or something else

-What color are your tires? If they are completely black, try making them a dark grey. This will help the treads to stand out more.

-Are you using an environment map on the body? If not, you should try one. Depending on the color of the car body, you can change the environment map to help (greyscale map if black car, red tinted map if red car, etc.)

That's all for now...I'll post more later if I think of anything.

I've just tuned in... well, I am not much of a car lover myself, so I was just skipping this thread until last hour, and then I decided to see what is all of this ruckuss about... aaaaaaaaand I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised!

Jin-Kazama, great car, great modeling, hope that everything will turn out great with your ad... also thanks for the tutorial (I hope to see it finished one day), and who knows? maybe this ad will lead to your own (real, not digital Pourche ;oD)

Keep us posted!

Drvarceto

thanx starving4rtist for the trick....i will do it and will post the new image holds your name in the credits list ( where robert and harries names are )

Drvarceto: thanx alot...it's all about to prove that A:M can do cars as good as other apps...i beleive it's the first software i've seen when i liked 3d stuff ( i learnt 3d cuz of TEKKEN game and i sawred that one day i will do the same stuff those who did tekken do and i did it :) ) so if a porsche car came to me i will sell it then will give quarter of it's price to hash....this is only to thank the, for the software that no one can run away from....i will take a vication today...i need to take my wife for dinner...it've been along time and i'm always infornt of my comp...she deserve some care....eeeeh.......cya and hope me a good night...

your bro.........jin

That looks outstanding. I think Marks rendering tips will push it to the limits.

I seem to remember you saying you didn't have many reference images for the car....you should do a google search on it, if you haven't already.

Oh and no matter how much you love AM, it should always come second to the wife/partner! :)

thanx for the cool replys

KenH: AM is the second ofcourse...but sometimes u have to work hard and my wife understand this...we still young..you know...me 25 and she 25 too....5 years of marrage....sure she will understand

the jobe: thanx brother..i realy feel good to have such friends like u...all of u gave me the power to go on...

tonight i will continue working...some questions for you my brothers and sisters:

now the model is about to be ready for animation...

1- how to do the dust effect which comes down the tires when the car run?

2- to animate the wheels...what is the best time to rotate each tire to give me the look of the car speeding with that bluer effect ?

3- the setup i made for the wheels was: one bone for the back tire and 2 bones for each of the front wheels...is this good or there's better setup for it?

thanx alot...love ya all..

jin

For the dust, i would suggest having small 4 point patches, slightly wider than each tire, 100% transparencey and such, behind each tire, emitting dust spriticles

For the tires, i think 1 bone for each set of 2 tires should work.

Good job!

I really cant wait to see everything finished! :)

Ben

Hey Jin,

great job, I like your car.

For the front wheel you need 2 bones for each (steering and rotation), for the back wheels only one rotation bone.

I`m working on the animation of polygon models in AM and create just now a tutorial with a car model. May be it helps you for boning your car, look

here

hi...thanx robert....i did the same thing in fact..just was wondering if there's a better way

now i want to put the car in a scene...desert or anyother place and animate it...but till now i didn't know where to put it...landscapes is somehow hard to be done for the huge number of patches it requires...instead...i was thinking to use front projection maps and cookie cut maps...i'm still building the idea in my mind....there's a trick i learnt and i'm about to do it...so if there's anyon have some ideas..let me know,,,,it's not my car...it's for all of us..

jin

hi again:

jamagica: i'm about to have sometime for the tut...just waiting to find some free time cuz what i have is 4 hours everyday after work...our duty time will change from the next month...i will have more than 7 free hours....just waiting...

thanx alot jaqe...it's a crap cuz i see some better stuff..it's nothing more than some extruded outlines with cookie cut map for the screw holes...material with dented attrebute...that's all....not like other work.....

here's some new things....testing motion blure

i wanted to ask...when u check the motion blure option...it makes everything has blure as long as it moves....is there an option to choose what object would have motion blure??

post-7-1122491588.jpg

hi there.....

i was wondering if it's possiable to share a project of building a city in A:M...the idea came to me from a 3d car game...i made some researchs to find out the best way to model this city....buildings and streets.....i think i will need help with texturing the building...and shapes of buildings...i thought we can share drawing a diagram for this city...then start preparing the required objects...then gethering them together in one chor.....does anyone has some intrest in this thing....HASH CITY....

jin

great.....i was sure that u will help me creating this town..who may do the city diagram....i'm ready with everything....after 2 days i will present the first buildings i made....and if someone can do the diagramfor us...i will be greatfull.....

jin kazama

o Jin.

Srry bud, but i gotta go away for about a week (notredame then grandmas :) )

I cant take any of my work ont he road because i lack the laptop nessicary . . . :(

I'll do all i can when i get back though, but the only problem is football starts the 8th, so i'll be kind of stretched

Sorry

Ben

PS. i dont like notre dame football . . . GO BLUE! :D

hi again,...hope this link would help...there's other good textures at www.3dcafe.com....i have about 4 Gigz of textures in my hard drive...if my connection was good enough...i would upload them to u....maybe if someone need a special texture...let me know...i will zip it and post it here,,, also i do my own textures from combining 2 or more textures...by the way....in my last pic...the wall textures has a bump texture with 500-1000 as a value....i use the same image as a bump...

jin

hi there, as i said before, today i will continue my city modeling...today i will build up some stuff for my friends...very close ones...

dark limits: will have a fish restaurnat

agep: will have a big car agency showroom under his name

dennis: will have a frog hotel

and i donno what my other friends wish to have in my city....so if some one would like to model his own building...or as for a special one...please let me know....i hope to have the most support for this city as i have some future plans - very near future - and i hope that this city is become the comunity city..who knows...maybe it gets into a game one day cuz i'm using a modeling method similar to a games models with vry low patch counts...

jin

• 1 year later...

You seem to be well along in your modeling but you might find something useful here;

http://www3.sympatico.ca/rodger.reynolds/a...e/auto_tute.htm

My only suggestion is if you're really serious about splining realistically smooth automotive surfaces, try setting your default material specular size and intensity to 50. You'll see every wave, crease and dimple. Happy tweaking.

hey roger your tutorial is just what I have been looking for. It is very clear and well written I now can't resist having a crack at it.

this is an old thread...i canned the project till i have sometime

You should never let old projects lie neglected. Set aside an hour a month for each. That way, after a year, you'll have some completed, and you'll keep a lot of people watching your threads happy. I watch your threads. I know a lot of people do. Don't let us hang.

hehehe....yeah dhar maybe...but the final sene would have ppl walking along the srteet...the first image on the left shows the original city i made, the others were made in about 4 hours of working.........i'm just warming up like a scanner...i want to complete even 2 connected streets but the huge number of patches scares me and slows down the modeling process so i'm thinking of a good way to do it...i need a refrence image for a street like this if some one have...details and small details r also a headache...i guess i need to play GRAND THIFT AUTO VICE CITY....i'm theeeeere