Hash, Inc. Forums

Looking For Collaborators

Hello,

I was fascinated by a recent thread on the forums about collaboration. Animation has always been a team sport and I enjoy the challenges, camaraderie, and competition that comes with team collaboration. I know the folks at Hash are working on their "Oz" movie and I wish to take away anything or anyone from that experience. However, I feel more like creating a shorter piece. (I still need to sleep and chat with my wife once in a while.)

So here's the pitch:

I have an idea for a six minute (approx. time) short that is a spoof of zombie horror movies. However, instead of being zombies the "monsters" are snow men and women terrorizing a group of children.

The work I have done so far has been 1) thinking of the seed idea 2) taking pictures of some kids in their winter wear with their arms sticking out in the traditional 3D stance 3) started work on a snowman maquette.

What I am looking for:

A team of individuals to help develop this idea from here to there. NO EGOS. We learn together, grow together and take a bow together when we finish. I am happy to be the team coach being a central contact and facilitator. It doesn't make me the boss we just need someone to keep us all on track.

Once you join the team it becomes our idea and our project. We will hand out the responsibilites, modeling, backgrounds, textures, scenes, etc. And eventually put it all together and then show it off wherever we go.

Any takers?

For more info write back here or drop me an e-mail,

-Den

animateden@mac.com

Note: Corrected post (sometimes I just type TOO fast)

Hello,

I have been fascinated by this recent thread about collaboration. Animation has always been a team sport and I enjoy the challenges, camaraderie, and competition that comes with team collaboration.

I know the folks at Hash are working on their "Oz" movie and I do not wish to take away anything or anyone from that experience.

However, I feel more like creating a shorter piece. (I still need to sleep and chat with my wife once in a while.)

So here's the pitch:

I have an idea for a six minute (approx. time) short that is a spoof of zombie horror movies. However, instead of being zombies the "monsters" are snow men and women terrorizing a group of children.

The work I have done so far has been 1) thinking of the seed idea 2) taking pictures of some kids in their winter wear with their arms sticking out in the traditional 3D stance 3) started work on a snowman maquette.

What I am looking for:

A team of individuals to help develop this idea from here to there. NO EGOS. We learn together, grow together and take a bow together when we finish. I am happy to be the team coach being a central contact and facilitator. It doesn't make me the boss we just need someone to keep us all on track.

Once you join the team it becomes our idea and our project. We will hand out the responsibilites, modeling, backgrounds, textures, scenes, etc. And eventually put it all together and then show it off wherever we go.

Any takers?

For more info write back here or drop me an e-mail,

-Den

animateden@mac.com

Den,

Before I say "count me in" I just want to find out more, if possiable and let you know where I stand as an animator and modeler.

First ,I like the story line...interesting to me.

You wouldn't be taking me away from Oz. (literally of figuratively)

If your a professional at 3D, you probably would not be satisfied with my work.I'm a hobbiest and I do AM in the wee hours of the morning while at work.

I do have medical problems that could land me in the hospital at any time and take me away from the project for days to weeks at a time and Im also on medications that effect my thought processes.

So with all that said Im guessing if would like me involved..it would probaly be best on a limited basis.

Thanks, and good luck ,

Michael

Michael,

I would welcome any contribution you would be willing to make to this project. There are always big and small jobs on any project and you are welcome to take on as much or as little as you feel able to handle.

The beauty of a project like this is all of us will be doing it in the "wee hours" around our real work. It's just for fun. No pressure. No stress. Really.

As far as being happy with your work let's find that out together. We can learn together. If you need help a team is where to find it. I am not looking for a team of professionals. Just a team to have fun and make a project.

If you have further questions, post them and I will answer the best I can. Then I hope to say I can "count you in".

-Den

Den - I think it's great that you're looking for collaborators! I hope you assemble a good team of happy hashers. ;)

I was just wondering: for how long do you think this project would last, because I'm a tad interested... Maybe I'll join ya :)

Mr Jage,

There is no timeframe for this project. It will last as long as it takes to finish no longer and no less. You can even jump on when you have time and jump off when you need a break.

We would love to see you on the team.

ZachBG,

Yes it is an idea I have played with in many forms over the years. I thought it was time to create the Hash version of it. I guess I am more own little George Lucas this will be the Zombie Snowmen Special Edition.

-Den

Den,

Nice to know there's no real rush, thought I do want to see it through to completion.......smile,

Now I feel I have a less hard time with modeling mechanical things, like some of my past models CSS Hunley submarine ,Stagecoach,Conastoga wagon, and at present working on a castle and a airplane, none of which use great modeling technics...LOL...........I have modeled, a horse, a pegasus....and that half human half man creature ,sorry forgot its mythological name at the moment, and also a Chicken man model for a music video of sorts I did.....along with an old barn, old farm type house....once again nothing to brag about..but I did finish them to some degree............As far as animating human/animal models..I usually have fits...I have done walf cycles, a horse gallop and jump, ChickenHumans dancing? playing musical instrument, and a creature flying..all of which are/were very amateurish....

It would feel good to be apart of your project, starting off simplish for me and see where it goes from there, I do have a seldom used desktop PC that could be used for rendering tests if you run low on rescorses in that area.

Im always willing to "attempt" to learn more, medication do slow me down some in that area.

Ill check your site out to see if I can get a feel of exactly whats your going for, and look forward to more detail on the project when available.

Thanks,

Michael

Mike,

What I am going to do is wait till the end of the week to see who is "in" on the project. Then I will send out an e-mail with all the parts and pieces we will need to get started. We can all pick from the list and the mark them off as we go.

Probably would be best if everybody on the team could swap e-mail addresses then we can pass notes back and forth without filling up the forum.

I'll sign up. I think you can click through my profile to find all my posts and be able to see some work I have done. I'm no great shakes, but I'mmhoping that being involved in a project will sharpen my skills. Hopefully those skills will then inspire me to carry through on my ideas.

Appreciate the offer to share your talent and ideas. I'f I'm in I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Scott

PS: Be aware that I am using v10.5 for at least the rest of this year. (I'm hoping to upgrade the beginning of next year.)

I would love to contribute anything to the project i can, I am not exactly good at anything much, but you can see some of my work in the showcase and WIP.

I like your story though, it sounds funny

Maybe if i post somthing with a model you could use you could email me and i would send it to you. Things like that

(i like mechanical things and backrounds)

I could help render stuff too, i know rendering can be a big hastle.

If theres anything small you need just drop me an email: Bentothemax@yahoo.com (or if you have AOL instant messager talk to me there. My screen name is Bentothemax01)

I'm still just a kid though, so i cant be making any trips to collaberate or such. But i'll do what i can

Ben and Scott,

Welcome to the team.

I am going to be watching my e-mail and this forum till the end of the week to gather our team and then I will send out a list of items to pick from. You can work on as much of as little as you are able.

Working in 10.5 shouldn't be a problem until we start building scenes, even then we will see how we can work around it.

I am excited at the interest this project is getting and I can't wait to get started.

If you have any question feel free to e-mail me or post them here.

Please also drop me an e-mail when you get a chance with your e-mail addresses. This collaboration will be all over the internet so it is important that we can all stay in touch.

Again welcome,

-Den

Here is the production site for our project:

http://homepage.mac.com/animateden/snowmen.html

Please pick any job you would like to do and e-mail me so I can mark them as taken and so we don't double up on work. Also let me know if you see any changes that need to be made or if you have any ideas for additions or story elements.

Thanks,

-Den

Ken,

Welcome to the team. We would love to have you. I think you character would make a great bus driver for our journey.

Please take a look at the production site and let me know anything else you would like to work on.

We are on our way!

-Den