Hash, Inc. Forums

Dynamic bone rig controls character motion...

Made a proxy rig... all of the bones have dynamic constraints. In the chor I constrained (orient-like limbs/torso-- and the pelvis is translate-like) the rig(main bones/limbs) of the hero character to the dynamic bones of the proxy. This is the result:

DynamicHitHardLg.mov

you could try fooling around with the collision detection option

I thought about it, but don't have time straight away! Just wanted to post quickly the idea of it. I supplied the project file for all to play with and see the inner workings, in case I didn't explain thoroughly. I'll probably play with it later... after I actually make a gun or some projectile for the person to react to. Thanks for all your comments... it makes me want to fiddle more with some other things I never had time to delve into.

Actually, it'd be interesting to see your model hit by a car from behind. I say this because earlier this year (well, every year), a local chiropracter hires a friend of mine to come shoot video of car collisions (the Dr. brings invites a few dozen other chiropracters to come watch). So, we set up about 4 cameras, a grid backdrop, and they do a number of fender benders with live crash test dummies (real people) at different speeds from 5 to 15 mph, collect the data from the car and the probes on the people,etc. The two highlights of the day are a head on collision at 25 mph (people bet on where the two cars will hit), and a car traveling at 45 mph hitting a life-size dummy from behind (we shoot this with a high-speed video camera so it plays back in slo-mo).

Yes, long story I know. But your model could end up making you some pretty nice moolah by doing accident simulations.

Great!!!...Oh man those were scary looking !!! That belongs in a movie.....I picture a blow to the chest by some super hero....now if that character was rubber man (the one getting hit) lets see could you make it where his arms, legs and neck stretch somewhat from the torso as the main body is knocked back from that super hero blow to the chest......thoae clips have made my mind active...

Michael

Well,

There are two different rigs here. So if you wanted, you could stretch the character's cp's in a pose and animate the stretching via the sliders. Interesting...

"you could stretch the character's cp's in a pose and animate the stretching via the sliders"

Thats a nice way to get the stretching effect.........I had thought about constraining the feet and hands to some invisiable spot ,but then couldnt figure out the rest...LOL.....I like your way...

Michael

I had thought about constraining the feet and hands to some invisiable spot ,but then couldnt figure out the rest...LOL

You have a valid point there... they could be nulls translated to the proxy hands and feet, with "lag" on the translations... they would follow the proxy's hands and feet... then you could translate the "hero" rig's hands and feet to these "lag" nulls. You would only have to animate the proxy rig without dealing with the pose sliders for each limb.

It's a little complicated in the chor... but I just have both models in the same space...

))-The hero one is active and the proxy is not...

((-The hero has normal rig constraints... the proxy doesn't (only dynamic constnts.).