Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Flame Tutorial by Sine NG

• Admin

There are some nice particle emitter tutorials out by the likes of Colin Freeman/Shaun Freeman and others but this one I don't recall seeing. It's from 2000 but appears to have current informaton.

For those that cannot view larger video tutorials it may be just the thing to get a good flame effect in your scene.

Flame Tutorial

It has a project file that I haven't tested.

Thanks Sine NG!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thinker

wHAT i DONT UNDERSTAND IS THE EMITTER OBJECT AND FIRE LIGHT.i CANT FIND A TUT TO EXPLAIN THOSE THEY JUST TAKE FOR GRANTED THAT YOU ALREADY KNOW.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN.

You seem to have your caps lock key stuck because I'm sure you didn't mean to shout.

I thought the tutorial link explained it pretty well. The emitter object is a model and the emitter is created in the materials section. When you drag the material onto the model, the streaks, particles or sprites will emit from the object. I believe the firelight they were referring to in the tutorial was a light used to simulate the light given off by the fire. Remember that the streaks are an animation effect and that you may hav to change one of your preferences in the Tolls>options section to display them.

Scott

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
Just to clarity the above post, you group one or more patches and then apply the material to it.

THREAD NECROMANCY :)

Does anyone know if this tut has moved or is just no longer available? Looking for a candle flame solution, but every one I try so far winds up looking like a christmas tree light.

Rich

Hi Darthlister, you can animate the cp's in either an Action or a Chor to simulate the flicker of a candle flame. Have you tried that?

EDIT: oops, I see you're trying something with particles. Your comment about it looking like a Christmas light made me think you were animating geometry rather than using an emitter.