Hash, Inc. Forums

My Shaggy and Scooby Project

Here is the project file for my Shaggy and Scooby. I couldn't include the chor because of the size of the file. Shaggy is rigged, but there is a problem with the contraints on one of the right hand fingers. No smartskin. SHaggy's hair isn't finished. There's a few basic bones in Scooby for the tail and ears.

If anyone uses these just let me know what you used them for and post it here so we can all see it :).

These models were built quickly for the contest, so they are probably no good for animation. If someone does get a decent rig and animation with these guys let us know that too.

I also did a quick toon render of them in the model window. I didn't do my contest in toon because the last time I did that everyone thought I drew it and cheated the contest. Here's the link to that one:

http://www.hash.com/stills/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=13

Here's the project file

Scooby.zip

HEY! Thank you very much!

Can't wait to play with this gyus... I think that my son will be very happy too - he is young, but grat fan of Scooby Doo series...

GREAT MODELS!

Maybe they should be included in the free models section on the Hash site! Hey! guys at Hash - are you reading this ;)

Drvarceto

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. The toon render looks great. The CitH image is awesome too. I don't remember seeing that before. The fact that people thought it was hand-drawn is quite a compliment.

• Admin

Great stuff!

I hadn't realized that you used action objects so it took me a second to realize I only had to drop Scooby into the Chor and drop the actoin on him.

This is a superb way of demonstrating the usefulness of action objects.

Thanks for the files.

Great fun! :)

Hey thanks alot everyone.

Yeah, I've been using Action Objects since I first started using A:M, and didn't think anything of it, so I didn't mention it.

If anyone want's the Dr Suess models let me know about that here and I'll post them too.

• Hash Fellow

Wow, that toon render of Scooby is particularly successful!

If someone could program a toon line renderer that did varying line width instead of varying density, it would look classic.

Jeff;

Your donation of those beautiful models makes me proud of our community. I personally LOVE Dr. Suess AND Scooby Doo. Send them off to Paul too. (Remember to rename and change the color of anything that is copyrighted).

Sincerely,

Martin Hash

Thanks alot again everyone, especially you, Martin. It's nice to be appreciated.

Anyone know who Martin meant by Paul?

I didn't know colors could be copyrighted to characters. Will changing their names and the color of certain elelemnts be the way to go? Sorry for being stupid here, but this is the first time I'm donating some of my characters, so any help is greatly appreciated.

• Admin
Anyone know who Martin meant by Paul?

He means Paul Daley... Forum member #16 and CD Project Manager extraordinaire! :)

He is collecting the sets (and other resources) for the Extra CD.

Profile: Paul Daley

Those interested can find out more about the Extra CD Project HERE.