Hash, Inc. Forums

Have'n some serious problems here.

I'm making a sci-fi scene and have run into some problems with a crystal that I can't explain. the first thing was the fact that I applied glow to it, and it worked fine the modeling window and had no glow in the choregraphy. But now the refraction has made color from the object inside fill the entire thing up and make it look solid. I have no idea what's goning on here. Here are some picture so you can see what I'm talking about.

post-7-1117218745.jpg

That is the final render.

Same problem with no glow. I've noticed that the refraction has allot to do with it. The object only becomes transparent when the refraction is turned off. There are no in betweens. I've never had this problem with A:M before so I'm beginning to suspect that I'm working with a corrupted chore.

So it would seem that the crystal is reflecting the background to such a degree that it fills the crystal with all of the background color. This is still a strange problem that I have not encountered until now. Here is an image without the background tower.

post-7-1117220668.jpg

If you have transparency and/or reflections, it's obviously going to pick up the background color. Either change the BG color in the camera or build a set for it to reflect. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem.

It has a set which is in the second image above. I just took that set out to show how much of the background is reflected. Yesterday when I was working on this it looked prtty much like what is showed from the modeling window (first picture). But when I loaded it this morning I see that the crystal now appears brown from the bg color :huh: Another strange thing is the fact that the color reflected by the crystal doesn't change if the refraction is changed to a lesser value. It only changes if the refraction is completely turned off. Something I've never seen before. Any tips?

Well, it would seem that I have discovered a flaw in the symbiont plug. The problem that I was having with the crystal seems to be coming from the way A:M interprets the signals from the symbiont plug. It looks fine just on a surface, but when the colors show through an object that has refraction A:M cannot display them properly. This happened when I applied the "Techno Circuit" DarkTree to the background. Just wanted to mention this in case anyone else gets a similar problem.