WHAT'S UP WIT DAT?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest jandals

If that's a rendered view then the holes may be coming from having a 5-point patches with a lot of curvature. Either having one of the patch's sides cover a 90-degree arc or putting it that close to the rim is giving you the artifacts. I think if you added another spline ring between the rim of the hole and the 5-pointers it might clear up. Adding a "buffer" spline has often cleared up things like this for me.

If what you posted is a real-time view (can't quite tell...) then it may just be a realtime anomaly.

Yeah... that's weird.

At first i thought the same... extreme 5 pt patches... however I think I have created 5 pointers like that without trouble. It is the standard configuration for extruding arms/protrusions/limbs after all.

So my next thought is the second round spline ring inside. That close to the first could put "stress" on the 5 pt patches. Depends on the bias as well. Severe bias manipulation around 5 pt patches like that can cause SOME trouble... it has for me on occasion.

If this is NOT a final render than we need to see that before knowing if it is a problem. However, shaded mode at the highest poly resolution (page up key... all the way up) should be right on the money as far as accurate display of spline anomalies.. at least in my experience.

Vernon "Darth Facetious" Zehr

I'll take a guess here.

It looks like you have either got some dislocated splines or have accidentally extruded something without realising it. You can go in and find the problem but it is probably quicker and easier to break the capping of the holes with a 'K', 'Delete' the extruded rings and extrude them again. :)