Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Oz Contest WIP

Good point Jam. I don't know if they have weight or not....

Here's a quick morphing of another character into the witch. It's inspired by a sketch by Alain in the fellows area. If there's any interest, I'll develop her more.

witch.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Ken,

you have sure gone to town on this thread.....very impressive..Ive stopped by now and then and felt it was time to update my reply, These models of yours sure do say alot without speaking a word.

Speaking of which have you attempted to put a voice to your models/animations. I'm not sure how you would accomplish such a task,unless you voice act too..which wouldn't surprize me...

Absolutly great stuff...

Michael

But of course Ken - what else would I be using  :o

I thought you might have got it off the net somewhere....

Not every walk has straight legs in it. But they do pop in places. It was just a test of the joints.

Also, I forgot to put squash and stretch into the loon. I think it would make a difference. I'd need to study balloons to know what he should exactly move like. :D

As a suggestion for the loons, you could either go with more of a giant soap bubble effect when the float and land, or a weather balloon (vs. a typical balloon from the local party store).

The weather balloon has some of the same characteristics of a giant soap bubble, but less fragile.

Looking really fine! I really like the style of the tin man especially. Wonderful design.

The loon jumping does have more of the feel of a small "bal-loon" jumping. Some acceleration is missing in the arc of the jump, like it is impeded by air friction. And as suggested by Jamajica, a delayed action of the "blubber" on take-off and landing might give it more of a sense of mass, too...or you could add some sort of wave-like jiggling in flight to make it look more like a large balloon or bubble like Greg suggested. Waves in a large soap bubble behave a lot like waves in a small pool or a tub.

Bill Gaylord

Thanks for the nice comments guys. And Paul, the top isn't as high as you might think. :)

I decided to continue the witch (albeit slowly). Here's her latest incarnation. I don't know....she might be abit traditional evil looking.....

witch.jpg