Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Here is a another trex animation

Hi everyone.

I saw the running trex animation. very cool.

I was fooling around with this trex model i had downloaded awhile back.

I took the original rig out and put in the tsm2 rig.

I used the weightmover on the neck to the tail and put in the cog system on the thighs.

I only got to put in about 5 hours on the animation but the tsm2 rig works awesome.

the animation is still very rough and has no secondary action yet, but it has some potential.

this is my first animation that I have posted on the forum.

This file is divx and may not work with all browsers. let me know if there is problems.

this was 10 seconds and I only have 10 meg availible on my personal site so this was the best compression i could do. If there is problems maybe i can make it downloadable!

I will try to finish it up so any input is welcome.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/johnkuepper/index_001.htm

that is all! :huh:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Very Nice!

Makes me want to go watch dinosaur movies. :)

Edit:

Meant to add... It would be nice if you could add a few lights to blend the Trex into the setting and bring out some of the detail. Specifically, at the foot and head. I realize he is mostly in shadow but there is room for ambient light and reflection which you can fake with a little light here or there

If you don't want to mess with these lights in the chor you could always add them for this specific scene right in the model.

Hope you have more where that came from! :)

Rodney

Edited by Rodney

Thanks guys so far, I will try to fix him up as much as I can when i get a chance.

I was thinking about the lighting and thought i would put a grid under him and stick the texture of the ground on it so i could give him a shadow and do some lighting and maybe somekind of gel light of leaves moving to, if you can do that..

Any critiques are welcome. I love hearing them, it just makes you better.

I don't have anybody around here to give me a hard time except my wife, LOL!

I changed the webpage so that you can download the file if you had any trouble viewing it.

the host is kind of flacky sometimes.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/johnkuepper/index_001.htm

Lookin good, John. I think you did right by Euisung's model by putting in the TSM rig. The one it had in there was a little clunky. All in all, a very good animation; I like the way you move the torso and and get his whole body into the action. To that end, I think the feet staying put is a bit awkward, and you should get them involved. Maybe have him take a step back while he's gearing up for a roar, or one forward during it.

Lookin good, John. I think you did right by Euisung's model by putting in the TSM rig. The one it had in there was a little clunky. All in all, a very good animation; I like the way you move the torso and and get his whole body into the action. To that end, I think the feet staying put is a bit awkward, and you should get them involved. Maybe have him take a step back while he's gearing up for a roar, or one forward during it.

Ah, its a Euisung's model. I found out where I downloaded it from. Its in the free models section of the Hash site. Thanks Euisung!

It looks like you did a nice job on you model to Dinocarl. I loved the dinos since I was kid.

Maybe we will have to do a short animation with some characters.

I was digging through my files and found a funny character we had drawn up a few years ago for a business and it was never used. It would fit into the theme so we are putting together a little story board. I think it would be halarious.

Now I will try to finish up the trex and start building the character.

Euisung's model was in the free section, can I use it for actual demonstrations?

Does anyone know?

• Admin
Euisung's model was in the free section, can I use it for actual demonstrations?

My recollection is that he requested a credit if it was used somewhere but otherwise it is yours to do as you please.

Anyone have a good contact email for Euisung?

• 5 months later...

Hey Gang!

I got a email and have seen people looking for a trex. I put the tsm2 into this one and it works pretty good.

it has all the textures included.

I have it zipped up but its to big for the forum. Can I email it to someone that can make it availible for download???