Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

More content added...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some beautiful stuff, Josh - only suggestion might be to have a "next" and "previous " button when viewing the images - rather than having to go back to the "thumb page" to get additional images

But overall very nice clean design of site - something I seem to be incapable of...

Thanks for the feedback. Either everyone else felt the same--or it just wasn't that impressive. Ce'ste le vie I suppose ::le sigh::.

Wow, great work!  I can't wait to see more!

Thanks, I wish I had more time, and less procrastination to do more. I would actually like to revamp the entire site--but, I will have to save that for another day I think. If you wouldn't mind as tedious as it is--what are your "favorite" images?

The reason I ask is because when I move this from the school's server I may not be given as much room or bandwidth for the price I can afford so I may have to cut it down.

some beautiful stuff, Josh - only suggestion might be to have a "next" and "previous " button when viewing the images - rather than having to go back to the "thumb page" to get additional images

Thanks. I did have that at one point but, I thought it detracted too much from the matted image in a gallery space feel I was going for. Function-wise I'm right there with ya' aesthetic wise I just couldn't quote get there. And, to be honest the "back to" button gets on my nerves a little--at least the menu button is like a signature on a print. Hope that made sense.

And, I pose the same question to anyone who sees the work which do you appreciate the most?

Thanks again.

J

Everything looks great, but something about your photography..your subject shouldn't be center framed unless there isn't any space (as in a close up). For example, in the leaf photo, it should have been on the left or right, or at least a bit more to the side to add interest...one of the main keys to interesting photgraphy

Interesting observation Jamagica. There is a couple of reasons I did that.

One: the leaf wasn't sitting still so it was difficult to frame. There are about 8 or 9 shots that--well let's just say didn't make the cut. ;)

Two: I wanted it to be more of a serene image not off balance, and I felt that moving it to the left or right would have done this--also, adding a large space of nothing to the left or right isn't a good idea (at least I don't think so). If there would have been something of interest to the right or left I would've tried to frame it differently. Try to think of it as a close-up of a leaf.

Did that makes sense? I hope I don't sound like I'm avoiding your critique or trying to say "yeah--well... :angry: " I'm just trying to have a dialogue so you can get my perspective. Please, feel free to critique any of the other pieces, and/or continue thoughts on this one.

Anyway, thanks again for the thoughts.

J

edit: don't know how the angry face ended up in the subject line--wasn't supposed to be there--sorry.

wow very impressive site. it was fast and easy. i dont see how you can improve other than it takes a while to go through the process of expanding the image then going back through all the clicking again.

maybe you could make the expanded image a link to the back page.

thats all I could think of