Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Wall Sconce

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to agree with Bill on this one. I am thinking either a light blue or light red, would give both an interesting reflection and provide for a more dramatic light. or even if one of the now blcak bands was instead some glowing color

just my $0.02

I like it! More sort of art deco. What if the inner or outer (but not both) reflectors were frosted colored glass for contrast?

Bill Gaylord

I was thinking of doing the uppermost and bottommost reflectors in frosted glass but decided to do chrome since they really seemed to love chrome in the 20's. Maybe I'll give the glass thing a test run, I'm not certain about a color, but I can give those a try as well.

I have to agree with Bill on this one. I am thinking either a light blue or light red, would give both an interesting reflection and provide for a more dramatic light. or even if one of the now blcak bands was instead some glowing color

just my $0.02

I do like the idea of the glowing band, kinda like a neon tube, but it would be more appropriate if the sconces were going on the outside of a building or maybe in a lobby of a theatre, resteraunt or nightclub, but not so in an office.

I'll need to test some colors of glass and see what works with the color of the office. The color of the office is set, though I could work out more of a history of the office. The short is set present day, but the building the main character has her office in was built during the 20's. It's possible that the office used to be white initially and has been painted more recently the color that it is. My main character is predominately going to have a rust/mahogany color scheme with a kelly or emerald green color as her accent.

I'll post my trials and see what everyone thinks works.

Okey-dokey, here are some variations of the sconces that were suggested, as well as it rendered in multipass to show that the final renders will not have the harsh shadows. I actually like the glass look. The chrome doesn't look so good since I had no environment for it to reflect and I might go for a more pastel version of the colored glass used in these renders.

post-7-1114725994.jpg

Thanks Zaryin, I like 'E' and 'A' most, but may end up using 'A', since I think 'E' will end up blending with the wall too much in the background, but who knows. I'll probably test both the next time I get the opportunity to render a multipass shot of the office set up.