Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Coat rack

HeadlessBill

Well, I had a moment to sit and work on another set piece for my animation. It is, as the subject indicates, a coat rack (or hat rack if you prefer). The textures are not final. I just threw them on there.

Coatrack.jpg

Comments, questions and general observations about life are welcome.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm, I'll try a version without the curls exting beyond the feet of the thing.

Actually, I've seen a coat rack that had feet like the one on mine (though I think I made my feet a bit large), in prop & set storage for the theatre where I went to college. If I managed to wander to close to it though, I had a tendancy to always get my foot caught in one of the curls. The thing was made of oak and steel and was heftier and heavier than the version I modeled here.

Once I get a rework of the coat rack, I'll post it here.

Nice coat rack. Actually, I have seen a coat rack with a bottom such as the red coat rack - it was located in a lobby of a school. How did you model the curves near the top and bottom? Did you use the path extrude? Or another method?

I apologize, it's not called path extrude...simply extruder! :( Found under plug-ins>wizards>extruder. You simply create a path to extrude along, name it, then add a group for the cross section. I hope I didn't confuse the issue. If this is your method, then I apologize for getting the name wrong, and causing any confusion.

Just to make your life a bit more difficult, it seems to me that although I like the second base design, the base should be wider to give something that tall more stability, especially if you envision it loaded with coats and stuff. however the first base is more fanciful and if that's the style you're going for there's nothing wrong with it!