Hash, Inc. Forums

Lottar

Mr. Jaqe

Hello dudes and dudets, the time has come for me to show Lottar, bones rig'd and not at all finnished. I have no idea how CP weighting works, so I'll have to look into that, links/winks/hints are very welcome. All c&c's are very welcome.

post-43-1112911420.jpg

You might want to bring his feet up to the x axis so he'll be properly on the ground when you bring him into a chor. You can do it with bones and the mesh will follow:

Select the root bone

Press N

Hold Control

Move the root bone.

I don't have any coffee for you, but I'd say don't use CP weights. (this is all my personal opinion): I think the traditional fanbones/ smartskin is still a very good way to go, and you probably have better control of what the mesh looks like as it deforms. Granted, if you are going to put scales on a snake or something like in the tuts about cp weighting, it is good. But for plain old characters, Smartskin and a few fan bones work wonders.

(besides, I still can't get weighting to do anything worth while!)

good luck on your boning!

matt

Thank you. I actually wasn't expecting any replies after so many days of silence. I have added smartskin to some of my bones, but I've started to spend some time with my nose in anatopmy book, to check that everything moves correctly. This will take time...