Hash, Inc. Forums

R2 turn around

In light of my coming in 4th for this month's image contest here is the link to a full body turn that I did a couple of weeks ago to see how the model was coming. On this version there was still some texturing to do but you can see a lot of the details.

R2 Body Turn (2mb)

Here's an early animation I did featuring 2-3-2 conversion. I know the movemtn is jerky bit I just wanted to see how things looked at the time.

R2 2-3-2(2mb)

Feel free to leave your C&Cs.

Very nicely done! I especially like the grunge.

Do his little control arms pop out?

On the final version I modeled the utility arms but I haven't made them pop out yet. On this version they're still a decal.

You deserved your place in the image contest, congratulations :D You have made a awesome model. Will it be used in some short or did you make it just for fun?

My only crit (and maybe you've already done this in the final model) is that the dome seems to be a single surface, based on the specular highlight. I would suggest adding a specularity map to set off the blue rectangles, since they are separate in the real R2.

But that's one hell of a model, nonetheless. Good job!

Well done, Chris! Congratulations on your placing. Artoo looks fantastic. Looking at the turnaround, there seems to be more specularity on the blue rectangles on the head already; could you fill us in on the texturing process you used?

Now I'll stay up all night waiting for the damn movie that ain't put on screen for another month ++.

I saw on the news the other day that there are people already camping out in line for it in Hollywood.

I can it would suck to be inJapan for this since it doesn't get released there until July 9th!! :(

Awsome piece of work. This was my first choice that I voted for.

Looking at the wireframe, what is that round object inside R2 that you don't see in the rendered version? Was the wireframe done as a blueprint?