Hash, Inc. Forums

What's wrong with my antennae?

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

Both my aliens have the same dynamic constraint on their antennae, but on the red one it seems to get stuck in his head and never come out.

And what do we need to do to make v11.1 dynamic constraints behave like v10.5's? 11.1 seems much floppier. Increasing "stiffness" doesn't seem to get me anything.

antennatrouble.mov

The first thing I'm thinking it why this might be happening.... it's only happening to the one that 's moving more. So, the settings, while there might be a difference between versions(v10-v11) the settings on the green dude might fail in the same motion as the red in either v10.5 or v11.

Isn't there a base stiffness and also a max angle rotation that it can move?

I think the max angle rotation will be your best bet to adjust....

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

• Hash Fellow

No, no actual solution yet, but thanks for asking.

I suspect it may have something to do with the angle limit, but setting the angle limit seems not to be possible; every value I type in gets changed to something completely different when I hit RETURN.

See screencap below

So far no combination of settings yields the results I had last year with v10.5.

11bug.png

wow the 10.5 results are good.

I would say work the angle limit.

But you might have to redo this from scratch for testing purposes initially to determine if this is infact a 10.5version to 11.0version difference.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This problem has been fixed. It was repaired due to AM:Report #470 reported by Barry Zundel, and fixed in the release 11.1e. No sample project was provided, so you will need to try your data out to be sure, but I believe it is the same issue.

Thanks for the report (#888),

Bob