Hash, Inc. Forums

Building Msfolly

Sorta.

At least my model doesn't mind me looking up her nostrils at 2 am. Kinda creepy, though - I work on her mostly without the hair going.

Saw your posts, and yeah, taking the rotos (this is my first try) was hard. I kept having to re-take them, and having my hair pulled back is VERY unappetizing to look at for very long.

I am in the process of rebuilding the head, so it will be eaiser to rig. Also, some of the clothing decisions, etc. were changed to allow for eaiser animation, and not necessarily "true to life".

I will say that starting from scratch has taught me a lot. I don't know what I would do with this forum, though, and all the great tutorials people have put out.

For some reason, that pose reminds me of Village people... not the model( of course!), but the pose. Dunno why... A very nice model, well constructed. Will we see her/you in any spesific situations in the nearest future?

May take a while.

I am doing basic animation tutorials now. Like how to position a camera, where did the light go, why can't I see anything, etc.

And, that's BEFORE I even start to pose her.

I'm getting a little tired of her anyway. I may just start another model, to correct all of the problems I made starting out, to see if it goes faster. Maybe something not quite so "real" looking

The decals on the jeans had a crease in them. Makes the knees look lower than they are, or maybe I should just add knee pads!

Re-doing the decals all the time is a pain, but it helps me visualize better. I suppose the better work flow would be to leave them off until the end, but hey, I think I just like painting decals. Materials are fun, but they take an awful lot of time to render.

Nice work, Melissa! Look forward to seeing the Jig.

I see you are in Alpharetta, GA, or there abouts. I live in Stone Mountain, GA. Colin Freeman works at IBM in Atlanta. We used to have an Atlanta AM User's group a while back held at Colin's workplace every so often on a weekend. William Sutton lives in Chattanooga, TN, but used to join us here in Atlanta. There are a number of others in the area who used to attend. Colin and I have been discussing the possibility of getting it started again.

Bill Gaylord

Gee, I would LOVE that. Nobody I know does annimation, or even knows about it, so a user group would be great!

I am a RAW newbie, though, so I am not sure how good my contributions to a group would be. Hooked though, not much time for golf anymore.