Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Character WIP

I threw this guy together in v12 over the weekend, and am now going through the laborious process of rigging. He's one of the main characters in an as-yet-unnamed project I've been planning for some time now.

Mordencrantz-Head.jpg

Mordencrantz-HellLighting.jpg

...and after the rigging is finished, clothes. I'm going to try and do all of the characters' clothing with v12 SimCloth. Eventually, he'll use Yves' skin shader, but that's not working in v12 right now.

I'm not quite as happy with the body; I was going for "gangly, with poor posture and a pot belly", but it ended up looking like a guy's head on a pregnant woman's body. <_< Hopefully he'll look better with clothes on.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very distinctive! You're making great use of hair!:D How did you manage the grey in his beard.

The only crit I'd have is his eyes seem to be frowning, but his brows are raised.

Very distinctive! You're making great use of hair!:D How did you manage the grey in his beard.

I use two decals for each hair group: one for density, and one for diffuse color.

The only crit I'd have is his eyes seem to be frowning, but his brows are raised.

That's a deliberate thing. One of the inspirations for the character's features was the late Roger Delgado, who always seemed to be frowning even when he was smiling.

• Hash Fellow

This is not a 3D model, this is a pic from an AOL online profile!

Wait, those never have the fig leaf...

Well, anyway... if you want to make him even shabbier, a drooping butt would be appropriate, along with some sagging, flat man-breasts.

Don't forget the gray chest hair.

if you want to make him even shabbier, a drooping butt would be appropriate, along with some sagging, flat man-breasts.

Erm... I think that's perhaps a bit too shabby. :blink:

I hope you will add some wrinkles. And I think his neck is a little bit too long.

A bit too long for what? :)

I may add a bumpmap for forehead wrinkles, tied to a slider so I can fade it in and out with the facial expressions, but he's not really supposed to be terribly old (grey hair notwithstanding).

(I know all you young pups think everyone over thirty is incredibly ancient, but sheesh...) :)

Very nice character. The only crits I have are that his ears protrude from the side of his head (the front part of the ear should be relatively flush with the side of the head) and the jawline looks a little odd - almost concave.

Cheers

So is this the good guy or the bad guy?

That would be telling. :D

Looks very good. Can we see a wireframe?

But of course.

Mordencrantz-Wireframe.jpg

The only crits I have are that his ears protrude from the side of his head (the front part of the ear should be relatively flush with the side of the head) and the jawline looks a little odd - almost concave.

Thanks for the ear pointer. I knew it didn't look right, but couldn't stick my finger in it.

The bottom edge of the jawline is slightly concave, but I think the effect is being exaggerated because the beard is altering the silhouette of the jawline; and in the second image, the head is tilted forward, so what you're seeing is the cheekbones instead of the corners of the jaw.

Mind you, this is supposed to be a stylized character, not a realistic one.