Hash, Inc. Forums

Alien bastard Trailer

• Admin

Manzelli,

I like what you have thus far!

I'd guess you plan to add more but here are a few things I think might make it even better.

The scene where the spaceship moves down the street seems to need something else (I'm not quite sure what). As it stands my eye sees two things 1 ) The perspective/size of the spaceship seems to change out of sync with the scene. 2 ) The last lamppost shows through the middle of the spaceship at scene when it goes in front of it. This may be intentional but looks a bit strange. The whole scene is good but it makes me think that the 'driver' of the spaceship is looking for something weaving around like that... maybe if there were small probes of light hitting the ground... searching.... I'm not sure here...

Also, where the spaceship stops and we are looking at it for awhile I'd suggest having some other movement of lights or a reversal of the middle section's spin. Give the viewer something to see while they are waiting. :)

Loved the spaceship opening and ladder dropping scenes! :)

Lastly... I really really really wanted to see what was going to come down out of the spaceship! Great job building up the suspense. Your scene is set up perfectly for the introduction to your main character(s).

Looks like you are working toward a winner.

Oh... and... feel free to ignore this one too...

I'm sure you understand that some will take offense to the title, "Alien Bastard"

Depending on who your target audience is that may be a consideration.

It could be a plus or a minus depending on your story, character and entended audience. I'm sure you have considered that though.

Keep it up!

Rodney

Thanks for the suggestions Rodney

The name Alien bastard has been given because, the crew formed by 4 individuals, will combine many troubles.

The next animations to which job will be very amusing, at least I hope for him/it, this is my intent. :D:D

hi

Looks really nice! Awesome job with the ladder. Was that hand-animated or did you use dynamics? It sounds like an amusing premise you can have a lot of fun with. Here are a couple suggestions:

The first shot of the ship moving in between the lamp posts, the camera looks like it has an "aim at" constraint to the space ship - it's always dead-center in the middle of the screen - like the cameraman knows what the ship is doing before it happens. I would suggest hand-animating the camera.

There is a long pause (~12 seconds) before the ship's hatch opens. One or two seconds is probably all you need there.

Right before the hatch opens (:53-:54), you fade to a further view of the ship and then back in to the hatch. I think that middle shot is confusing.

Translation: "With a lot of probability him" should be replaced with just "Probably."

Looking forward to seeing more!

I think the enivironment and saucer both look fine, but the way the camera is constrained to aim at the ship in the first shot is . . . well, BAD. You're doing a disservice to what could be a very cool sequence. Try tracking your camera by hand, instead of contraining it to the saucer. You'd get a much nicer shot, I think.

Looks really nice! Awesome job with the ladder. Was that hand-animated or did you use dynamics? It sounds like an amusing premise you can have a lot of fun with. Here are a couple suggestions:

The first shot of the ship moving in between the lamp posts, the camera looks like it has an "aim at" constraint to the space ship - it's always dead-center in the middle of the screen - like the cameraman knows what the ship is doing before it happens. I would suggest hand-animating the camera.

There is a long pause (~12 seconds) before the ship's hatch opens. One or two seconds is probably all you need there.

Right before the hatch opens (:53-:54), you fade to a further view of the ship and then back in to the hatch. I think that middle shot is confusing.

Translation: "With a lot of probability him" should be replaced with just "Probably."

Looking forward to seeing more!

You the staircase and animate with the dynamics of AM

You for the spaceship was better perhaps that I/you had animated the hand television camera, the everything be results a more realistic pò. They agree also with you for the fact that the central part of the animation is a too long.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will keep in mind of it for the next animations.

Excuse for my bad English, some times use the automatic translator, and it is not a big that.

In done I have mistaken the translation in the tape. :rolleyes:

hi

I think the enivironment and saucer both look fine, but the way the camera is constrained to aim at the ship in the first shot is . . . well, BAD. You're doing a disservice to what could be a very cool sequence. Try tracking your camera by hand, instead of contraining it to the saucer. You'd get a much nicer shot, I think.

Sono d'accordo con te, avrei fatto meglio ad animare la telecamera a mano :rolleyes:<_<

ciao

Sono d'accordo con te, avrei fatto meglio ad animare la telecamera a mano

According to Google: They are of agreement with you, I would better have made to animate the television camera by hand.

you excuse I have forgotten to translate