Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Futuristic car

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really nice model. I like your other models, like your cow too. That bicycle is full of mechanical details which adds to its believability.

For your chrome shot, I woull add a skydome with gradient from deep blue at zenith to white at horizon, to act as reflective cue. This should give your model, or at least the whashed white reflection part, a much more 3D feel. Even if you add color to some part, the nice gradient of such a skydome will add nice visual depth and curvature cues.

Also, switch your main light from z-buffer to multi-ray raytrace shadows. The regularly blured shadow doesn't give enough support to your model.

Third version! :D

I like this one most!

f4.jpg

ofcourse I will add some colors, I just always do modeling first, then some stageing, ant the texturing I leave for the eng. Maybe it is not right way to do everything, but that's way I get used to. ;)

That is such a great looking car/design. Very cool. One thing I noticed, which I'm sure you see, are some creases on the side paneling. I see this car being very red and very fast! I look forward to more updates - nice work.

Tony

• Admin

I just had to try a render with v12 Alpha 8.

Extra points for anyone that knows what vehicle is sharing the scene with Grubber's Futuristic car. Both models are currently downloadable here in the forum. :)

twomodels.jpg

Thanks for replys :)

I think the modeling is nearly done... I guess... I hope so... :huh:

g0.jpg

g1.jpg

And here is the model, there are lots things to fix yet <_<

But you are welcome to analyse it ;) If anyone will use it for animation or something else, please pm me. B)

Awsome! Just awsome!

What is that? 8 cylinders in X formation with 6 intakes?

How cool is that!

• Admin

Pretty!

You really know how to place your chrome. :)

Where I can find that another model?

The Link to the Anzovin Sand Razor snuck into the forum way back in September 2003. Some people may have seen the vehicle in the movie GI Joe: Spy Troops! Note: It's contained in a project file so look for it as an embedded model. It was announced via the listserve and transferred into the A:M Forum shortly after it came into existance. See post: Here

Now you have one up on the Sand Razor with the texturing now added.

Thanks everyone for nice words! :D

I am very happy that you like my work.

I will have to work on my project on this week at my college, so I have to put away all 3d stuff for a while. <_<

Here another version of my car, I reduced reflectivity a bit, and still i will have to fix some modeling bugs.

post-7-1113194540.jpg

As long as we are doing the texturing, it would add realism to have the engine block be rough, like a casting. the engine is boxer style, and most boxers have a cast block. as an aside. high stress members are not cromed, because croming can cause hydrogen embrittlement. The block is a high stress member. the car looks awsome and I am very impressed