Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Ghost

This is my Ship. This image was created in 2002 for the "blue" image contest, but I missed the deadline because I messed up the date in my head by a day. Bummer. But obviously it's an older version of the model (my computer is getting fixed up right now, I'll be able to post some better stuff in a few days), so it's definately come a long way. Let me know what you think (about the ship... the gun and rose were just for added effect, taking into account the name of the contest) :)

OK so the current working/moving features on the ship are:

-Landing gear w/ doors that open/close

-Pop up weapon systems (it's a fighter, I'll explain what it's for later..)

-Belly hatch opens/closes

-Plates that slide back on the nose to reveal gadgets (lights, etc)

-Color changing metal plating- this is my own take on what could be thought of as a cloaking system- or what I think the closest we'll ever come to having one. Instead of having light impossibly pass through the object, it changes colors to match the surroundings, making it harder to see (like a chameleon!)

OK, so theres not many moving parts, but the current model is very much suped up. I put a paint job on it and removed the front vents to put a better looking one on the top between the turbines. I'll display that when I get my computer back.

Lemme know whatcha think!

-L

post-7-1111715310.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its pretty and I like it. Here are a few criticisms. Take them for what they are worth.

1. we should be able to see the top of the seat (s) at this angle.

2. the exhaust for the engines appears to dump directly into the elevator. this would be extremely inefficient, and would cause, both discoloration and structural damage to these surfaces

3. The vertical stabilizer seems kind of small, also despite the very nice panel work in the front half of the aircraft, I don't see where the rudder control surface is (although that could be a render artifact.

4. The elevator is thicker than the wing. I have looked at hundreds of aircraft and have never seen this to be the case

5. All of the flight surfaces end in the same way, a kind of boxy flat thing. It would be cool if you used a different tip treatment for the wings than the elevator.

6. Consider wheels instead of skids. even helocopters use wheels now

7. keep up the good work

Haha thanks! Actually, since this was the 2002 version of the model, I've already fixed several of those things. So since then, I've covered the following:

the fact that there is discoloration to the rear elevators, and I made the stabilizer larger.

I like your input, though, about the size of the wings as well as the tips of the wings. However, what you DONT know about the vehicle (because I forgot to explain it), was that it has the capability to hover due to the various jets that are built into the surfaces of the aircraft on the bottom (and therefore arent visible from this angle). So I think, along with the fact that I already updated the landing gear to better looking skids, though I may yet try adding wheels, it will probably stay as is in that sense.

I really liked the idea of changing the wing tips, though, and you're very correct that there is not actually a rotating stabilizer part in the stabilizer. I'll take your advice on that, maybe even bring the rear sides of the main wings in a bit. Also, the cockpit hasn't been messed with at all hardly, there is no seat; all there is is a makeshift dashboard with some computer console screens in it (thus the lack of SEEING a seat! :D ). But thanks for the input!! I really appreciate it.

L

Yeah, I think I messed up something with shadows due to the fact that I was using radiosity lighting, and so not all models had shadows... maybe the rose was one of them by accident? Or maybe I just didn't position it right! Haha thanks for the input, I'll double check. :D