Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Stop-Look-RUN animation

Hi Hashers and Spline-folk,

I was at a loss when it came to coming up with an idea to animate, so I just wrote some action words on pieces of paper and put them in a can, then blindly picked out three. Words for basic actions in threes almost make a nice little scene. (Hopefully, the words you pick will align in context like mine.) It's a good way to flex your animation muscles, by playing this game with yourself.

Well, have fun!

Afraid21Lg.mov

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job. I've often been at a loss for how to turn a character in one spot in order to transition to moving in a different direction. If this was the first pass on this animation then I'd say it will look even better when the limbs don't pop.

Nice model, by the way. I like the dangly buckles. Finally, a G rated use for bone Dynamics. :)

Awsome model and the movement suits him aswell. If I was to be really, really, really, REALLY picky, I would say that the *lack of word* things hanging over his breastcase(the small, metal thingies) should move less, because he ain't moving that fast :P. I hope that was understandable.

Good job. I've often been at a loss for how to turn a character in one spot in order to transition to moving in a different direction. If this was the first pass on this animation then I'd say it will look even better when the limbs don't pop.

Nice model, by the way. I like the dangly buckles. Finally, a G rated use for bone Dynamics. :)

Transitioning from one action to another certainly is a tough job...and that's what this guy has accomplished. Good job!

If this was the first pass on this animation then I'd say it will look even better when the limbs don't pop.

It is one action from begining to end. The pop is intentional... you have to understand that I walked my own body through the motions, because I didn't have anyone to model for me, so I could be embelishing a little bit. But that is what animation is about isn't it? Animators have been known to do that-- Remember Spiderman-- there is a lot of motion sweetening to clearify the motion/movements of the characters, and since I'm going for a comic book-stylized 3d approach I think IMO it fits. Actualy the character does a skip- then starts off running with his right leg.

I agree about the belt buckles and secondary motion. Since I simulated the dynamic bones There are now channels there I can edit.

Thankyou for replying.

I will be posting changes soon.