Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Nashville A:M users

Hello - This is my first post on the forum. I am a 2d animater new to A:M (since 12/04) and have been utilizing the vast resources available on the web and in book form to successfully create my first completed model (a cartoonish camel). I am looking for any other A:M users in Nashville, TN that might be able and willing to meet with me to help me get a firmer grasp of this wonderful software. Users of any level would be helpful, but I would really like to meet with an advanced user who could walk me through specific modeling, rigging, and animation issues that arise. I would even be willing to pay for tutoring sessions. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Chris,

I'm not from Nashville... but will still extend a greeting!

I assume you've already invested in the Anzovin CDs.

If not you might want to look at them. There is nothing like watching others working in A:M. The SIGGRAPH tapes/CDs from Hash Inc are really nice as well.

I mention these because you indicated you'd be willing to pay for tutoring. The CDs aren't quite as good as a personal tutor... what is??... but if nothing else they help you master the basics through examples and launch you toward exploration of other aspects of learning A:M. In short... tutoring! :)

Good luck on your search for local users as well.

-Rodney

Hey guys - thanks for your responses. Chris, I will be contacting you soon for coffee or lunch. Rodney, I did buy Anzovin's TSM rigging software, but I think my purchase was premature. I need to get a firmer grasp on skeletons and constraints even to use their plug-in. I will probably invest in the CD's as you suggested. I did meet with an interesting A:M user, Den Dotson, in St. Louis last week and got a few helpful suggestions from him - great guy. I am so grateful for the vast resources in the community.