Hash, Inc. Forums

Feet curl up.

Bastion

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with a model I recently rigged with the 2001 Skeleton.

When I turn "IK leg setup" ON the feet turn in and point up. The legs also bend forward slightly (starting from the thigh) but the most visible problem are the feet.

Can anyone tell me why and offer some input to resolve this.

Thanks

Curled_feet.mov

Mike,

Thanks for the input, but I should mention a couple of things.

1) I've tried closing and reopening the action window, even deleting and creating a new action window, but nothing changes.

2) I'm extremely new to A:M and animation in general. I feel comfortable deleting the null, but I am curious about the side effects of that and how will it influence my ability to properly animate my model. I'm stating this because I don't feel comfortable rebuilding the null and all the proper relationships.

3) I did go into one of the relationship properties, but I could not change the rotation percentage. Is there a way to unlock these percentages so that I can change them?

I appreciate your help.

Jeff

I notice that when I turn those constriants on and then off, then on again stuff like that could happen.

Deleting the null in the action window won't delete the data for the constraints that are in the model's poses.

But deleting them in the action window might not help either.

you might have to go into the actual pose itself and see how the nulls look and also if there is any errant data in the rotation channels of the nulls.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Okay,

Thanks all for your input, but here is what I did to resolve the biggest problem.

I deleted the relationships folder then dragged it into my model again.

This completely resolved the problem with the feet. There is still a slight bend down the leg but I can live with it.

Thank you all for you help.

Jeff