Hash, Inc. Forums

McLaren

I saw your last renders in CG Talk and they were impressive! How come you haven't post them here?

Very much thank you Eos for your comment. Is it the clay and the wire render you refer to? I have been testing so much latly, so it has become a bit confusing... hehe. Anyway, here they are.

I was going to post my car for you to dissect.. but I don't think you need it now

Please do! It would be very cool to see how the master does it ;)

wireandclay.jpg

I gave you a five star rating on CGT. Everyone go there and leave a comment and rating! Let's get it on the front page.

Regarding the sharp panels.....you could maybe peak those cps to do that.

Dhude, you're like all over! I told my friends at school about your work and they were truly amazed. Most of them were sure that it was a real car at first, so I had to show them the wireframe of the car that you got posted here before they actually belived that it was a model. Stian, you got A LOT of talent, make sure you don't let it go to waste and animate as much as you possibly CAN! Or atleast as much as you... well, I hope you get my point, which is: You are good, VERY good and we want to see more, much more. Why? Because it's so darn beautiful!

Dhude, you're like all over! I told my friends at school about your work and they were truly amazed. Most of them were sure that it was a real car at first, so I had to show them the wireframe of the car that you got posted here before they actually belived that it was a model. Stian, you got A LOT of talent, make sure you don't let it go to waste and animate as much as you possibly CAN! Or atleast as much as you... well, I hope you get my point, which is: You are good, VERY good and we want to see more, much more. Why? Because it's so darn beautiful!

Thanks for those nice words Jaqe :) I dont know how to reply on them, actually I dont know if I even deserves them... But one thing is for sure; Animation:Master is the best software!

Thanks for those nice words Jaqe  I dont know how to rely on them, actually I dont know if I even deserves them...
You deserve every word and more.

But one thing is for sure; Animation:Master is the best software!

That may be, but a tool is nothing without it's master and opposite.

Thanks Kyle.

I have been playing a bit more with depht of fields, and ended up with this render. I think the amount of bluryness is ok. Rendertime 5hr, 16 multipass.

And once again thanks for all the comments, they are very encouraging

mclarendesktop.jpg

Very nice render. The DOF help a lot with the horizon and the sky gradient help getting the car form out.

Two things I would suggest. 1) Use soft reflection and a very large scale but tiny height roughness on the ground to make it look more real. 2) make the sheet joints curvature tighter.

Edit: I mistypes "soft shadow" while I was meaning "soft reflection".

Thanks for the replies, I will look into the new tips, THANKS. And Yves: Thanks for your great skylight rig :D ...but...meee...feeeel...stupid...again... what is sheet joints curvature???? :blink:

what is sheet joints curvature????

The joints between the metal sheets are curved inside so they look like they are beveled. But some of your sheet joints have a too large radius which makes them look balooned. See attached pointers.

Thanks for the comments. btw the windshield viper is there now :P About the sheet I need to teach myself som bias handle, but right now I'm up to my ears with projects, so the car has a lower priority right now (but I'll fix it)

Thanks for the comments. btw the windshield viper is there now  About the sheet I need to teach myself som bias handle, but right now I'm up to my ears with projects, so the car has a lower priority right now (but I'll fix it)
I saw your Phone models, they were awsome. How come we don't get to see them here? : P Btw, I saw you "met" my friend on Norsk Amatør Filmforum.

I saw your Phone models, they were awsome. How come we don't get to see them here? : P Btw, I saw you "met" my friend on Norsk Amatør Filmforum.

Hey Jaqe, thanks. I did consider posting the phone and camera, but I didn't get so far :unsure: (I did post a early preview of the phone on the radiosity section though). Give me a sec and I'll post them :)

agep,

I'm really impressed with the McLaren... Where did you get the original model to work on? Or, did you take measurements.. Or did you just "eyeball" it in comparison to a photo?

My interest stems from the fact that I have used AM, and it's predecessors for over a decade off and on. I have some CAD work I would like to expand into a decent rendered object attached to a pickup truck... AM is my renderer of choice... the model of the McLaren is a bit too totally detailed for my needs... but as accurate as I would like for the exterior.

thanks for your response

Charlie

First of all, thanks for the nice comments guys :D

Where did you get the original model to work on?  Or, did you take measurements.. Or did you just "eyeball" it in comparison to a photo?

I used some rotoscopes (attached image) to manage to get the propositions right. And I used ca 20 photographies of the car in several different angles as reference.

that must've taken patience
Ooooh Yeah :P

McLaren_roto.JPG