Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cartoon experiment

Hi hashers!

I want to show a clip i made almost 2 years ago. Why now? Because i am starting something new with the same basic idea. In the meantime i gained a little more skill in animating, and i can do something with a more finished look.

It finishes rather abruptly because it was just testing and i had no real plan.

It was assembled in after Effects, but this time i plan to do it all A.M.

Let me know what you think.

Sorry it is Divx 10megs

B.D.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. I really like how clever that format is. It's almost impossible to get people to watch something for long on the Internet but this format makes me want to see what the later frames are going to do, then the page turns and I want to wait for it to finish too. Do another one.

I love the format. Sort of like sequential art with animation! Very fascinating. Look forward to seeing you develop an new project based on this approach.

My Windows Media Player can't seem to connect to the link.

Dhar, you probably need to add the Divx player:

Divx free download...

Bill Gaylord

That was excellent! I too think you hit on a rare, original concept. It makes for an interesting watch and I also wondered what was next.

My only comment is I don't like the 'page turning' - it's too distracting for me. I'd like to see it fade out quickly to the next page, or simply cut over. But I understand why you did it that way. Just my .02

Nice use of the comic book frames, and the way they interacted (Shaggy in one frame while the other acted as the close-up).

But, is Divx supposed to look this bad?

Lots and lots of compression artifacts. I've seen Divx on some other sites and it's not this bad, but maybe because I'm on a Mac? I'll have to show this to the guys at Divx (just down the street from work) and see if they know what might be going on. Do you Windows gus get the same quality or better?

Greg

post-8-1111473377.jpg

I like the format. This allows to show the same scene from different POV at the same time and I like that you play with the frames too. Object passing from frame to frames could make for a busy animation but you handled it very well. The timing is very good. Once an action is finished in a frame another one starts in another even if it is very secondary to the story.

The 2D look of the background and all objects except the characters emphasizes the comics look. I wonder if the format would be as efficient if the backgrounds and the scenes in general were more 3D. Currently, it looks like it could be used as a Kids TV show generic.

BTW, Greg, I didn't get any of the compression artifacts. I'm on Windows.