Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

v12 cloth dance

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your welcome..this is following the tut for the flag pole somewhat the skirt group is the flag the waist group is the attach and the body group is the pole I had to modify the original can can action as it was to sudden for the emulation. lots to figure out with the new plug in

• Developer

If the action to fast for simulation , increase the fps settings from the project before simulating . After simulation you can go return to the original fps value . A side effect is , that the filesize growth , while you have now subframes for the simcloth object .

But this was the only way for me , to get Thom to walk without exploding his pants :-)

Walking Thom with pants (mov 1,5MB)

Here is also the (unsimulated)

projectfile (400kb) for alpha7.

After simulation the projectfile had a size from 27 MB . Be sure that you have enough memory in your machine when you simulate this , after simulation A:M used 1,5 GB memory ....

Kind Regards

Steffen

Steffen,

I can't get the Mac version of A:M to be aware of the polymodifier, so I can't really tell what the cloth system is doing for the pants Thom is wearing. I noticed in the project that the pants are assigned to the leg bones just like the leg geometry. So, what is the cloth doing, that just assigning the cp's isn't doing?

Jim

• Developer

Jim

The bone assignment is only used for the initial state from the simulation . Otherwise you get at frame0 many intersections between pant and the legs , and the plugin can not solve this problem . Simcloth don't use bones for the simulation.

Kind Regards

Steffen

Thanks for the project Steffen.

The last Thom's pants project of yours I looked at cost me a month worth of bug hunting. This one looks great! I noticed your FPS was bumped to 300. Ten times as many per second as usual. I wondered if it would sim OK at 30 fps if I upped the steps from 5 to 50 per frame. It worked fine. This sims just a bit faster, but mostly it only has keys at 30 fps, which made the file and RAM situation significantly better. This may not work if the character motion was super fast, but it did in this case. Next, I upped the subdivisions to 4 then 16, as a test. It was much slower to sim, but much more wrinkling was apparent behind the knees, and between the thighs and the pelvis.

Bob

I recently fixed a memory leak reported on AM:Reports which occured when the smoothing option was ON. The project attached also has smoothing ON. I think the memory usage should be much lower in Alpha 8 when released, or in Alpha 7 even with smoothing set to OFF.

Smoothing should not affect storage requirements since it is only used for a smoother version for display, but the leak was leaving all of the subdivided models around. So frame by frame more and more memory was consumed.