Hash, Inc. Forums

A motion decal---meaning just like a regular decal, but instead of one image you apply a sequence or a quicktime.

The decal is applied just like a regular decal ( hide everything but the screen area...under images...import... find and import your jpeg, tga, or QTmovie... drag and drop it onto the model...A:M will ask if it is to be a decal or a rotoscope-choose decal... from the front view (2) position and apply by right-clicking and select APPLY. Unhide other geometry's.) Now, if you applied QTmovie or image sequence you can see it in action by rendering a movie of your TV... I usually like to program a little camera move to my tests so I can get the full 3D effect.

Another trick I like to do when adding video to a TV screen...if you have After-effects or another compositor...is to add televised artifacts (static, vertical-hold scrolling, color shifting, dropouts...some of the younger hasher's may not know what any of these things are having-had cable all their lives...)

The screen area should have hi- specularity with low spec size and a little (5-20%) reflectivity too...

YOU ASKED!

John RULES!!!THanks for the in-depth explanation john. YOur too cool.

Unfortunately I wont be able to do anything for quite some time as I am captivated by your newest avater.

I cant seem to stop watching it, damn you and your avatar mind games john :D

• Admin

Sometimes decals aren't the only way to attack the idea.

...don't forget the power and simplicity of Patch Images.

As long as you have a valid patch in the form of a rectangle you can Right Click and add an image or sequence of images. :)