• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillip Moon

Exercise #7 (Also #'s 2, 4, 5,)

March 12, 2005

No Instructor

I put exercises 2 4 5 and 7 all into one Movie. It's 15 megs and not too long. In .mov format.

http://phillipmoon.com/media/phils first_c_02.mov

(Sorry for the multi-posting. )

I haven't done #6 over (did it some time ago but it is lost on a computer somewhere) but that will come.

• 3 weeks later...

hey

i've got my stuff at home...i'll post it later. i've got a problem with the pitch excersize, the knight's arm on the follow through breaks backward and comes straight through his chest...any help/suggestions? i've got more done, just not here at school with me.

Hi, I'm new to A:M - I've been working with the software since November, and I LOVE it! I've completed the first 7 Chapters - I'll try and post them so you can see :)

post-10553-1169856285_thumb.jpg

post-10553-1169856605_thumb.jpg post-10553-1169856617_thumb.jpg post-10553-1169856627_thumb.jpg

Darn, can't figure out how to upload the .avi files. I'll keep trying.

Robin

So I figured out that you had to convert .avi's to .mov's to get them to upload - here are the next 4 assignments, and a couple others thrown in that I've been playing with. :D

cancan.mov

knightpitching.mov

rabbitwalk.mov

shaggydoor.mov

KeeKatSpeaks.mov

buckinghorse.mov

Eddietrash.mov

But now I have a problem. Now that I got KeeKat to speak, I want to practice on other models but everytime I install a new sound and try to associate it, A:M freezes up. I was able to get one .wav file attached, but could not get the mouth to move. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Robin

• Admin

Robin,

Wow. First let me say when you catch up... your REALLY catch up!

It'll take me a little while to look through.

But now I have a problem. Now that I got KeeKat to speak, I want to practice on other models but everytime I install a new sound and try to associate it, A:M freezes up. I was able to get one .wav file attached, but could not get the mouth to move. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We're going to need a little more information.

It might help to know which models you are using... keep in mind not all models have phonemes set up for lipsync. TaoA:M will guide you through that too.

A:M locking up on you... not sure.

Recommend closing A:M and restarting.

Robin,

Wow. First let me say when you catch up... your REALLY catch up!

It'll take me a little while to look through.

We're going to need a little more information.

It might help to know which models you are using... keep in mind not all models have phonemes set up for lipsync. TaoA:M will guide you through that too.

A:M locking up on you... not sure.

Recommend closing A:M and restarting.

Hi Rodney,

Thanks, I hope you like them. I can't believe how much fun this software is! I can't wait to learn it all so I can start teaching my students. :)

A big oops, I didn't realize that all the models didn't have lipsync phonemes. I was trying to use the Pilot and the Announcer from the Extra's CD and I think I even tried Eddie once.

As for the locking up, I've done as you suggested (restarting the program). I've even rebooted on several occasions but pretty much every wav file I've installed and tried to drag over to an action still freezes A:M. I thought at first the file I was using was corrupted, but when it happened with 3 or 4 I began to doubt that, especially since I was getting them from different sources - even creating them myself. Maybe I'm just not installing the wav files correctly into A:M.

Robin

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just finished with Exercise #2 the chorus line CanCan :lol:

But when I tried to upload it I got this message:

"Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file"

Do I have to instead provide a link to the finished piece? How do I accomplish this?

Thanks for the assist anyone

I just finished with Exercise #2 the chorus line CanCan :lol:

But when I tried to upload it I got this message:

"Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file"

What kind of file did you try to upload ?

.mov (quicktime movie) is the usual format - compressed

There also may be a size limitation - but I'm not sure what that would be.

Its an .avi file at 504 kb. How do I upload it to show it to others for feedback?

I think you will have to Zip up an AVI file...I know that Quicktime files can be posted as-is because the extension is recognized by the forum software.

Hope that helps.

Its an .avi file at 504 kb. How do I upload it to show it to others for feedback?

I think you will have to Zip up an AVI file...I know that Quicktime files can be posted as-is because the extension is recognized by the forum software.

Hope that helps.

So I resave the file as a Quicktime extension? If so, then do I go to the attachments area in the forums reply option and upload it there? :blink:

When you render, make sure the Advanced options are ticked, then you can choose Quicktime Movie from a drop down list. That's not all, though, because even .mov formats can be huge. Click the properties triangle next to the word Format, and click Set. Then choose Sorenson Video 3 from the drop down. There's a bunch of other options you can set for Sorenson - I think I just leave mine on the defaults though, with Medium Quality.

You can then just upload your .mov file using the forum browse > upload option, as long as it's under the forum limit 2mb? 4mb?

When you render, make sure the Advanced options are ticked, then you can choose Quicktime Movie from a drop down list. That's not all, though, because even .mov formats can be huge. Click the properties triangle next to the word Format, and click Set. Then choose Sorenson Video 3 from the drop down. There's a bunch of other options you can set for Sorenson - I think I just leave mine on the defaults though, with Medium Quality.

You can then just upload your .mov file using the forum browse > upload option, as long as it's under the forum limit 2mb? 4mb?

Thanks Caroline. I'll try that on the next exercise.

Hope that helps.

So I resave the file as a Quicktime extension? If so, then do I go to the attachments area in the forums reply option and upload it there? :blink:

What you can do is save the .avi file from within A:M by importing it into your images folder by right clicking the images folder and selecting "import animation..."

Then you can right click on the movie file and select "Save As.." from the dialog you select the image type to quicktime then click on the "Compression" button.

That will give you a sizable list of compression formats. Select "Sorensen 3" and set the quality to medium or so. That will give you a good rendered output with a fairly small file size, depending on how many frames you rendered and if "Alpha" was on during rendering.

You should be able to upload that here without too much difficulty.

• 4 months later...