Riggin a Gun

Newbert_Zero

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had another look. All the bones should be child bones of the handle. They weren't. The handle will be moved, so all the others should move with it.

I don't think you need the null as the bullet follows the path which is aiming in the direction thoms hand it.

Translate to.

I would put a bone in the palm of thom's hand and make it a child of the hand bone.

Then Constrain the gun to that bone. The gun doesn't have to be 100% zero'ed in on it's target.....

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

www.vrcops.com

Don't know why you made the handle bone have falloff it doesn't need it--because there is no CP weighting.

The bullet actually being part of the gun bothers me. Because what if you want to shoot multiple bullets at the same time? This set up your character only gets to fire one shot at a time. Granted a remember another post on a different thread about this gun which made a lot of sense. You generally don't see a bullet flying from a gun in realtime--I mean slo-mo okay--beyond that just a flash from the gun and you're done with it (look at killer bean 2). But, again, this gun can't fire multiple shots--I remember an atari game that was like that boy that irritate me. If you missed you had to wait for the shot to exit the screen before you could fire again and it took the bullet a good second or two (which is a decade in game time I'm sure you know).

Typically a laser pointer is mounted somewhere on the gun--not in the barrel (I could write a novel about that but I won't ). However, if you prefer this setup if you have the sight on and the bullet fires the laser would no longer pass through the bullet as gun laser sights don't penetrate solid material.

The aiming system is an interesting solution. Considering you can be dead on accurate since you can place the null wherever you want to. A lot more elegant, I think, than just using an aim at constraint on the object you want to hit.

A trigger only moves back and forth. I would make a percentage pose and be done with it. Or, add a eular constraint so you don't accidentally rotate the trigger left and right--or roll it for that matter.

Also, due to the hierarchy of the bones when you rotate the handle bone--the whole aiming structure is destroyed.

Hope that helps.

J

I don't know why, but I had to make a new null in the chor and then I "Aimed at" his hand bone to the new null.

The gun then moves with his hand bone because it's been "Translated to" and "Oriented liked" to his hand bone.

Don't forget to use the compensate button for all constraints.