Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Applying movies as decals

I'm attempting to apply a small QT movie as a decal. It will be on a curved shape and will create an illusion of spinning with a series of blurred frames. but when I apply it, either directly in the model window or in an action window after flattening, it applies exactly the same way, with a few stretched/repeated images. I'm attempting to attach an image to show the way the movie looks, and the way it applies. Can someone telll me what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

P.S. The attach image may not be working. Don't know why, I browse for the image but there's no way to upload apparently. You'd think I'd know how to work this by now.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Ken, I'm working with another (still) image to decal across several patches, and it apparently wants to apply the entire image to each patch. There also doesn't seem to be a way to rescale the image before applying like in earlier versions.

This is the brand new version, with the little red headed magician holding the Thom doll on the cd. Just got it yesterday and I'm on a hellacious deadline with a live project.

Gerry from what you are describing, it looks to me that you didn't really apply a decal to the desired patches of the model - but that you did a rt click and selected "Add image" to one patch (or a bunch of patches) - then each patch will have the QT movie -

If you want the qt movie to span patches, then You have to rt click on the model and add new decal - then choose apply - and a decal with a stamp for the QT movie should appear under the decal section of the model

Nope, but I've got another one. When I tried to do a wireframe test render I got this message:

Failed InitBoundRender Info

And it wouldn't render. I'm on a PC, Windows 2000Pro, not sure of the video card as I'm doing this at work. I'm a Mac guy at home. It's 7:30 and I'm going home, but if anyone knows what this might mean that would be a big help.

Yeah I tried again today and I can only render in final mode. I haven't tried Default though, I figured that meant wireframe. I'm not sure how I have prefs set. I may send in an AM Report on Monday.

I've got a very rough first render of this movie and it appears the QT movies I used for decals are not playing. I'm posting a link here to a quick and dirty render (4mb) to see if someone has a suggestion.

There are two places where movies should be playing: on the nine reels of the game screen as it flies by (too fast but I'm going to fix that) and the horses coming out of the gate. The horses are existing art, a series of four stills that I have to work with. I created a series of cross-fades to "fake" the implied action and the QT movie itself plays fine. The reel movies also play fine by themselves but as decals they do not seem to be playing.

The second problem I need to solve is how to keep the movies on the first frame, and then have them start at a specified frame in the main movie, i.e., when they fly by the camera.

Suggestions appreciated!

Test movie