Hash, Inc. Forums

'Clowning Around...'

Just thought I'd show...

I put a new clip up on my site...

McDonalds restaurants wanted to previsualize what it would look like if they took a display from a flat 2D photo to a mocked 3D vacuum-form. 2 days later I had this model, fully extruded from the hero pose photo, and all one mesh.

http://campbellanimation.com

Comments welcome.

Huh?!

That's very interesting, Matt!

What file format did you have to provide for them to make the former from?

Or is this just so they can visualise what it would look like and then they'll have it sculpted? I guess that you could seal up the back of your model and send it to someone like Art To Part and they could print a 3d former.

Interesting though.

Nice job.

What did you have for reference? Just photos or did you get some 3D data?

BONUS!

I can make all the dogs in my neighborhood bark up a storm by running my mouse over the buttons!

Vernon "!" Zehr

Vern- Anything I can do to disturb the peace in your nieghborhood puts a wee smile on my face! But I get the hint, maybe the sound on those buttons IS too much...

Just a very Hi-Res (6000X1500px 150dpi) eps file of Ronald in his hero2Dpose. I started at his pants bottoms with a nice, dense edge and extruded UP...onward and upward till I knew it seemed to be working...then I extruded DOWN to the feet afterwards...

Still haven't heard from McDee's...

No!

I like the sounds! I was sitting here running the mouse over the buttons making a tinkly joyful noise... then I heard all of these dogs barking and started to wonder if it had anything to do with me...

One of my neighbors has a "hive-dog". that is my name for "it". "It" is a single dog with 7 heads and 28 legs... "it" moves as one creature with a swarm like motion... barking and yapping.

Occassionally one "piece" of it will get seperated... like the metal hook on the T-1000... this smaller piece is easily frightened, and will scamper off to rejoin the "body".

Some day I expect it to assemble itself into the shape of one large dog like a transformer robot and go on a rampage through the neighborhood...

I loath chihuahuas... like skinny, vibrating, hairless rats with bug eyes...

Vernon "AAAHHHGG! Chihuahuas!" Zehr