Hash, Inc. Forums

GOD?!.,

my rant, back by popular demand:

i just told a friend of mine last night you can chop a naked woman to bits and americans won't flinch, but show 'em a pecker and they scream!

as for god, i don't believe in such a thing, and here's why:

what kind of all knowing creature would build such an elaborate ant farm, then sit back and watch the little bastards rip each other's legs off... then for extra amusement, trash random areas of his project just to see what happens?

if i'm wrong, and i find myself standing before a big charleton heston guy going over my life's transgressions in a big white hall, i only hope i get the chance to kick the sadistic bastard in the ass before he drags me to hell.

happy friday!

-jon

can we delete this thread yet?

We have to discuss - listen to each other - not only banning - or we will just be sitting there meditating... with our own beliefs...

And still I think all of us can sit down and have a nice glass of something... talking... but now I will stop...

;)

I can see from the replies to my quote that it is possible to have a discussion without smashing our glasses. So thanks heyvern, JoshB, higginsdj, .:shortdog:. and jon. You do not agree with me in all aspects - some of you do not agree at all - but... time is on our side.

;)

Well, why I started using A:M was because lip sync and hair were integrated in the program. If you want to tell a story with a 3D-program you have to have lip-sync. And if you want to create some feelings - hair is very good. Hair can be soft or hard - it can have many colors and forms - expressing feelings.

;)

I hope every kid in every part of the world next year or as soon as possible can sit down and use A:M to make up their own stories - commenting on everything - expressing their talents - trying to find some common ground.

;)

And not only the kids - the retired too - and the ones having a work to go to and not - six billions trying to communicate - that would really be the united nations or better the united regions using our mobiles to vote in the united regions forum.

;)

We have been living here - on this sun-sattellite - as humans for seven million years most of the time in small groups - a hundred of us in each - 10 000 years ago we learned to farm - and it became possible to tax others because it was possible to store the grains and then to build societies with millions of people.

;)

Then around 1600 Gallileo told us that we are living on a sattellite - we are not in the middle of the universe. And some priests got upset. Well now 400 years later natural science have learned us so much - giving us so strong tools - like electrictity our new fire(electric-power) and our new wheel(electric-computing) - nuclear power - genetic manipulation - nanotechnics.

;)

We have to start discussing the questions emerging from natural science and its appliances. In the beginning of the 20th century some natural scientists thought it would be possible to explain everything - religion would not be needed in the future - natural science have understood it´s limits now - they do not try to substitute religion. So we have to discuss it ourselves - trying to model and animate our believes ourselves every one of us - it is just like sitting around a table - talking/listening to each others - mostly the conversation is about the wheather - sometimes about other things that also matter to us all.

http://www.nanovip.com/

http://www.flashplayer.com/music/fuzzymath.html

http://www.thenewintimacy.com/book_365.html

;)

Just to clarify my previous worries.....putting a phallus into a topic entitled "God" is just asking for an argument as it's quite an evocative image. If he was making a naked guy...no problem.

I briefly read somewhere about the Americans not caring about seeing a naked woman....em.....what about the Janet Jackson Incident last year? Us Europeans still don't know what that was all about.

To me this is our trying to find what our world is made up of. Someones have tried to show it through ligam/yoni or you can use english words phallus/vagina. And this is nothing to be ashamed of or get upset from.

:rolleyes:

We have to learn from each others. There are other ways to try to express what our world is made of. We can talk of heaven/earth pro example..

Here is some expressions from a festival in Japan. They are using the first way to express themselves:

http://www.2camels.com/destination92.php3

And here is something from India - therefrom I think most religious thinking and feeling has its root:

http://www.namaste.it/kundalini/kundalini_eng/kundalini.html

The thing is that we can use modeling and animation to try to share our beliefs through expressing them and getting some impressions to consider. Perhaps learn something from.

As interested in naturalscience I can think of electromagnetism. Two different categories creating each other. This is our trying to understand something - trying to find guiding principles.

Let us allow ourselves to express ourselves trying to find something common.

Not letting some of us telling the others this is the truth.

And there is no other truth to find.

is it just me or... I can't find anything AM-related in this thread. Of course people are allowed to express their feelings, Im 110 % for that, but this... this is just bull****, to be honest, weavering philosophic questions into an animation forum. Kinda speaks for itself. This doesn't have anything to do with this thread, nor this forum, so please stop... This is not a request, not a demand, it is a wish. Either ignore it or follow it, either way, know that this doesn't belong in here, unless Mr. MM starts posting MODELS, not religious statements/facts/etc. etc.

Either ignore it or follow it, either way, know that this doesn't belong in here, unless Mr. MM starts posting MODELS, not religious statements/facts/etc. etc.

:huh:

Thanks for your reply Mr. Jaqe

I have some more models and animations to post perhaps I will do it. I will wait and see.

Just a remark. The first link I posted was this one:

Some are trying to change our beliefs - The da Vinci code by Dan Brown:

http://www.danbrown.com/novels/davinci_code/reviews.html

This book has sold in some million copies. But I do not believe it tells the whole truth. I think you better sit down and meditate yourself - trying to understand something. And then you can stand up. And sit down before your computer with A:M and try to model and animate to try to express something. I have tried to.

Modeling and animating is always connected to our I´s thinking and feeling. But what are our I:s made up of? People have tried to answer that question. They have come up with different answers. I too. And I believe everyone of us do. And out of that everyone is modeling and animating. Perhaps someday we can get a common ground to share making our own expressions modeling and animating. It is not more difficult than that. I will have a look on your modeling and animation Mr. Jaqe and I believe I will find it good, hope so! I will give you a nice comment!

Well, someday I perhaps will post something new. But now I will wait and see.

Well... who knows? maybe its Mr. Jage's mission on Earth...

By the way, It's so peculiar that almost everyone that steps in the WIP forum gives a comment of this post... its almost like it has gravity or something. Is it the title? I'm definitely going to use this example for future posts. For example my dragon. If I had put the title as "Dragon God", would it attract the attention more of all of you guys? That's something to think about if anyone wants to be noticed when posting a model, animation or A:M project.

Also i consider that there has to be a reason why we're still discusing whether this initial post has something to do with animation or not, instead of simply stop posting replies to it and continue our lives. Maybe it's that God is a particularly interesting subject. Maybe some of us just feel like writing our daily philosophary thoughts and Mr Jage just made the ideal place with this post.

So i'm back to my animation work and leave this small temple. It has become a temple because of all the different ideas clustered into it. Personally, my religion is animation so im going back to my A:M projects.

I'm waiting for god to post what he thinks about this, doesn't seem to post much these days though if ever. Spose he's sticking to the frontal lobe epilectics to pass on instruction, I think he should start using the internet as well these days.

You are welcome to add your own I:s contributions - models and animations - to this topic! Replies are also welcome!

It would be interesting to see someone else doing something - modeling - animating - GOD?!.,

- transpirations modeling giving inspirations for meditations and animations for

- trinspirations medeling gaving ansperations fur muditations and enomotins for

- :rolleyes:

If I had put the title as "Dragon God", would it attract the attention more of all of you guys?

Just a tips to Eos perhaps not "Dragon God" but "Dragon Pearl":

http://www.dragonperl.com/

wow 5 pages already :)

man I miss those Rants and Raves pages.. .. ..

It is wonderful to see how well people of all cultures races and religion can all get along here talking and sharing their animated pictures.

I have always wondered what the outcome to a question of mine is. I now sort of understand it better.. .. .. the question: what would happen when you bring a Mormon, a Jehovas Witness, an athiest a jew, and just for good mesure, a muslim together for a religious biblestudy. (no offence to either religions above).

Anyways.. .. .. .. there is a time, and a place for everything under the sun. This is the place for animation master collaboration. a place where people can come and share their artworks made in A:M.

I have seen all kinds of presentations here (A:M films) from the claymation like Snake animation which recreates the garden of eden right to the dancing of the Hunter gal.

Here in the forums we all come from different religions, cultures, and backgrounds. It is similar to me going to an athiests church (if they have one) and beat them over the head with bibles till they see visions of Mary and Jesus <_<

What I am trying to say is A:M forums is a place that is for artists using A:M to come together to share their sucesses and failures of A:M. there may be a place where people go to and dig deep into their beliefs and mix them with artforms. but not here.

A suggestion is to perhapse goto yahoo groups and start your postings there and from within the forums invite people interested to join there. those interested can join and you can dig as deep as you want.

as for others, thanks for providing me with great entertainment :)

well, happy hashing