Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Chicago (West Suburbs)

Bastion

Within the next decade they expect a big movie to come out of some one's home. I'd love to be a part of that.

I've been writing short stories for years and have recently written a screen play for a Sci-fi/Action adventure.

I asked some friends if it was possible to Animate it and that led me to A:M.

I have some drawing abilities, but no animation experience and surely not computer animation, but I'm learning.

But I need help. I'm looking for a group of 2 to 4 people to help me produce this 1 hour film and if this takes off possibly producing more films. At the very least a group of individuals willing to get together to help each other learn the fine art of animation.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO OFFER.

1) I have better than average artistic ability.

2) I have excellent writing skills

3) I'm creative.

4) Discipline.

5) Excellent organizational skills and excellent at organizing others.

6) Team play.

7) A fierce commitment to completing what I start.

WHAT I'M HOPING YOU HAVE TO OFFER.

This is as a team, not each individual member.

1) A strong foundation in A:M.

2) Live within an hour of each other.

3) Willingness to do what you can.

4) Skills (Artistic, sound, special effects, web design)

5) A serious passion for the art.

6) Never give up attitude.

7) Team player.

8) Get along well with others.

9) Flexible

If you're interested respond back and we'll workout something.

Thank you.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Jeffrey,

Best of luck to you on your endeavor.

Thought I'd probe this requirement a little:

2) Live within an hour of each other.

While face to face is often preferred don't discount the power of the internet (and those in the A:M Community). With the internet everyone is less than an hour away. :)

Please tell us more!

Excellent point Rodney.

I'm so use to face to face that I often discount the internet.

That being said, face to face IS prefered, but I am definitely willing to work over the net.

Thanks for the insight.

• Admin

Since this is a User Group topic I should have added:

I'm trying to convince my wife to move to Illinois but she isn't biting.

If someone can convince her there are no shortages of Japanese grocery stores/restaurants in Illinois (or at least asian in general) I might have a fighting chance. :rolleyes:

Downstate, where most of my family lives I think there must be 1 Japanese restaurant per 999,999 people. Needless to say... my wife and 2 daughters are not impressed by this fact. :(

I'll keep looking for windows of opportunity.

...and if I find myself back in Illinois I'd surely like to meet up with other A:M users. :)

;) Arlington Heights IL, about a 20min drive from me has a full sized JAPANESE grocery store (includes pots & pans, pre-packaged imported foods, indigenous produce, meats, etc.), with attached:

Japanese book store (books, magazines, CD's) named Asahiya

japanese travel agency

Japanese video rental place

Japanese sundries store (note pads, pens, pencils, gifts)

Japanese Model & hobby shop

japanese cafe (for lunch, dinner)

Welcome to the land of Lincoln...... B)

• Admin

Mark,

Arlington Heights eh?

Thats great news! :)

I lived in Elmwood Park for a little while just prior to entering the Air Force.

If I can get back in shape(!) I just might go the recruiter route for my last few years in the Air Force. The Chicago area is never lacking in a need for recruiters.

My family would probably faint dead away if I told them I was moving home. ;)

It's somewhat unlikely that I'll end up living in Illinois soon... but retirement isn't far away...

• 2 months later...

This reply is a little late in coming, but I thought I'd mention it anyway: We have a very active AM group going in Chicago and all are welcome! We coordinate our efforts through a yahoogroups mailing list, and we meet every first Saturday of the month, including this past weekend, at the itoons office in Ravenswood. Check it out.

And, Rodney, there are a bunch of great Japanese grocery stores all over Chicago, a ton of Japanese restaurants, not to mention great Korean and Vietnamese groceries and restaurants, and endless Chinese and Thai restaurants. There will be no shortage of Far Eastern cuisine for you if and when you move here :) .

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Carl,

I just submitted my membership request and hope to hear from the Chicago Master's soon. Unfortunately, I have another commitment the first Saturday of every month, but currently that rotatates between morning and evening meetings, so I should be able to make every other meeting.

Thanks again.

Jeff